Safety Awareness for New Employees – [Video Training Kit]
When you hire new employees, it’s important to get them specific safety training to help them remain safe on the job – giving them a “safety orientation” for their new job. This Safety Awareness For New Employees training course will help your new employees be vigilant about safety on the job. Used as part of any safety orientation program, it helps new employees understand how to be aware of hazards that they may encounter and what they can do to avoid getting injured at work.
This Safety Awareness Training Covers Several Key Concepts:
- A discussion on slips, trips, and falls and how they can be avoided (they are one of the most common injuries on a job site)
- How to avoid and be aware of slippery locations, including smooth floors near entrances, restrooms, or machinery, which are often made even more slippery by rain, grease, oil, or other liquids
- The importance of wearing proper shoes while working
- How to keep aisles, stairs, and doorways clear of debris and why that is important to maintaining an accident-free facility
- The concept of proper workplace housekeeping (examples: not stringing extension cords into walkways, picking up trash or other debris, keeping a clean work area)
- Why it is important to inspect a ladder before using it and how to properly use a ladder
- The role of proper body ergonomics and how using proper ergonomic principles can help prevent injury, reduce stress on the body, and make physical work easier
- A discussion on proper lifting technique and how to prevent injury to your back
- Workplace tools and how to inspect them (before use, examine the tool for cracked or bent pieces, loose or missing parts, rust or corrosion, etc.)
- How to properly operate power tools
Safety Awareness Training Other Topics Discussed:
- A complete discussion on the importance of using proper Personal Protective Equipment or PPE to help reduce accidents and injury
- How loose clothing, long hair, or jewelry can lead to potential injury
- Basic electrical safety on the job, including extension cords, power outlets, electrical tools, and more
- What is the Hazard Communication Standard or HAZCOM and why is it important?
- An overview of Safety Data Sheets or SDS which explain how to handle and store the chemicals found at your facility safely
- The role of gloves, safety shoes, googles, safety glasses, dust masks, and other items that may or may not be used at your specific workplace
- A discussion on fire safety while at work, how to prevent workplace fires, and fire extinguishers
- The concept of an Emergency Action Plan and what to do in case of a workplace emergency
- What to do in case of heat stroke, burns, a co-worker who is bleeding, etc
- and much more
Whenever you have a new employee, you want to teach them how to be safe on the job – this helps both the employee and the employer alike. This comprehensive “Safety Awareness for New Employees” training video will start your new employee off on the right foot. The video is 34 minutes in length and available as an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB stick.
Safety Awareness Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.