This ladder safety video will help make sure your employees who use ladders do so properly and safely. Every year many employees are injured while using ladders. Whether they are using the ladder improperly, accidentally fall from the ladder, or use the wrong kind of ladder for the job, training employees is the first step to preventing injuries.
This Ladder Safety Training Video covers many important topics and concepts of ladder safety including:
- What are the different types of ladders and how are they used? (Stepladders, extension ladders, straight ladders, etc.)
- How to use the “4 to 1” ratio to determine the properly height of a ladder for the given job
- How to understand the weight capacity of the different types of ladders and where to find this information on the ladder
- How to properly inspect the ladder before using it
- After the proper ladder is identified for the job at hand, how do you properly set up the ladder before use?
- What are the best practices for tying off a ladder?
- How to select a ladder for working around electricity or power lines
- How to properly climb a ladder (It sounds like common sense but there are best practices that employees should follow)
- What is the 3-point rule for climbing a ladder and how is it used?
- How to protect yourself if you know you are going to fall from a ladder
- and much more…
The use of ladders in the workplace can be a big help and in some cases using a ladder is mandatory. That is why this Ladder Safety Training video is such an important part of any workplace safety training program. Serious injuries can and do occur with employees using ladders and proper training can help prevent those accidents.
This ladder training video is just over 14 minutes long and is available as an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick.
A Full-Length Preview Can Be Viewed Below: