Teaching your employees how to use a fire extinguisher is a best practice for their safety as well as the safety of your facility. This fire extinguisher training program will help your employees understand exactly how to use a fire extinguisher. Important topics are covered in this training which include:|
This 17 minute fire extinguisher training video is an important part of any workplace safety training at your facility. This training package comes in either DVD or USB Stick, and in either English or Spanish language versions.
- What material is considered "fire fuel" in your workplace (combustibles, paper, cardboard, solvents, etc)
- How does a fire feed itself?
- The different types of fires and why all workplace fires are not alike
- What are the different types of fire extinguishers and what are they used for?
- What are the different fire extinguisher classes? Also included is a discussion of each class of fire extinguisher and what they are used for.
- How to read a fire extinguisher label or pictograph
- What employees should do before they reach for a fire extinguisher (make sure the fire alarm has been activated, help others to the evacuation route, close nearby doors and windows that could feed the fire with oxygen)
- What is the "effective range" when using a fire extinguisher?
- What is the PASS system, and how to use it when putting out a fire?
- What do when smoke is in the workplace due to a fire?
- What to do with empty fire extinguishers?
- What are the OSHA regulations in regards to fire extinguishers?
- How often should fire extinguishers be checked?
- What information should be included on a service tag for the extinguisher?
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session