Fire Extinguisher Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Teaching your employees how to use a fire extinguisher is a best practice for their safety as well as the safety of your facility. This fire extinguisher training program will help your employees understand exactly how to use a fire extinguisher.
What Topics Are Covered in this Fire Extinguisher Training Course:
- What material is considered “fire fuel” in your workplace (combustibles, paper, cardboard, solvents, etc)
- How does a fire feed itself?
- The different types of fires and why all workplace fires are not alike
- What are the different types of fire extinguishers and what are they used for? The most common type found in workplace settings is the portable fire extinguisher but there are other kinds as well.
- What are the different fire extinguisher classes? Also included is a discussion of each class of portable fire extinguishers and what they are used for.
- How to read a fire extinguisher label or pictograph and what are the hazards involved with not knowing how to understand what you are looking at?
- What are some common fire hazards and why is fire extinguisher use training so important to a workplace fire safety program?
- What employees should do before they reach for a fire extinguisher (make sure the fire alarm has been activated, help others to the evacuation route, close nearby doors and windows that could feed the fire with oxygen)
- What is the “effective range” when using a fire extinguisher?
- Why is it important for all employees to get hands on training and also know the fire extinguisher locations within your workplace?
This Fire Extinguisher Training Also Discusses:
- What is the PASS system and how to use it when putting out a fire?
- What do when smoke is in the workplace due to a fire?
- What to do with empty portable fire extinguishers?
- What are the key concepts for employees to understand when they have hands on training?
- What are the OSHA regulations in regards to fire extinguisher use?
- How often should a portable fire extinguisher be checked?
- What information should be included on a service tag for the extinguisher?
- and much more…
If your employees need training on how to use a fire extinguisher, and let’s face it, they do – then make this 17 minute fire extinguisher training video an important part of your Company’s industrial fire prevention training program. This training package comes in either DVD or USB Stick, and in either English or Spanish language versions.
Fire Extinguisher Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.