If your employees use a skid steer loader or Bobcat on the job site, then you need this skid steer safety video. As you know, the skid steer is a very useful machine, but make no mistake, it can be dangerous. This skid steer training video teaches your employees several key concepts to keep them safe on the job:
- What is a skid steer and how does it operate?
- What is the importance of the Control Interlock System and how does it keep the operator safe?
- What are the safety features built-in to a skid steer?
- Is it safe to use a skid steer with the control interlock system disabled? (Answer NO!)
- Why is the cage important and how does it keep the operator from injuring hands, arms, or other body parts?
- What is the number one reason for skid steer accidents or injuries?
- What role does the pull down restraint bar and seatbelts have in the safe operation of the machine?
- How do skid steer attachments change the way it handles?
- What is the proper way to enter and exit the skid?
- What are the rollover protections found on the machine and how they keep the operator safe while driving the machine
- How to prevent being caught in or crushed by the skid steer while using it
- What are the different kinds of attachments that a skid steer can use and how to keep safety in mind while using them?
- What role does maintenance play in skid steer safety and what are the important safety reminders to implement while working on or performing maintenance on the skid steer
- The importance of understanding the manual that came with the machine for the specific model you are using
- How often should skid steer training be implemented?
- and much more…
If your employees use skid steer loaders then this safety training video is a great addition to your employee safety program. Available as a DVD or on a USB Stick, the runtime on this video is 10 minutes.