Aerial lifts offer a more efficient and effective way of working when compared to ladders and scaffolding, but they are also known for being responsible for numerous safety hazards which can lead to serious injuries and fatalities. That means workers who use aerial lifts have to be trained in their use and safety regulations. This Aerial Lift Safety Training Video is an excellent course in safely using this helpful piece of equipment.
This Aerial Lift Training Covers These Key Fundamentals of Aerial Lift Safety:
- How does OSHA define an aerial lift?
- What are the different types of aerial lifts? (Extensible boom platforms, aerial ladders, articulating boom platforms, vertical towers, etc.)
- A discussion on the four basic components of an aerial lift:
- The base of the lift which supports the lift’s platform or bucket
- The lifting mechanism
- The platform or bucket itself
- The controls, which are often located on both the base of the aerial lift and the platform
- What are the OSHA requirements to be authorized and properly training to operate an aerial lift?
- How to recognize and avoid unsafe conditions in areas where you will be using the manlift
- What is the appropriate fall protection safety protocols and personal protective equipment (PPE) to be used while operating an aerial lift?
- What are the “safety best practices” to be aware of when operating an aerial lift?
- What are the two different types of inspections required prior to using the lift? (A pre-start inspection and a work site inspection)
- and much more…
This aerial lift training video is available on DVD or USB Stick, and is offered in both English and Spanish language options.
This aerial lift training teaches the concepts found in the OSHA Standard for Aerial Lifts