Diversity Training for Employees – [Complete Video Kit]
Now more than every employers have a diverse workforce and diversity training is a key to a having a conflict free and successful work environment. Teaching workers the important concepts of diversity will go a long way in reducing conflict and increasing morale. This diversity training for employees will teach your employees all about diversity, inclusion and equality, whether it’s racial, religious, or any other demographic measure. Your employees will get a deep understanding of how diversity and inclusion training can help them in their everyday lives – both on the job and in their personal lives.
Our Diversity Training Will Cover the Following Concepts:
- How have workplace demographics changed through the years? (race, faith, sexual orientation, culture, age, etc)
- What is diversity and why is discussing it with your employees an important part of any successful workplace?
- How can any workplace have diverse employees with various religious, sexual, or ethnic backgrounds and makeup – and actually be more successful than if they all looked alike, came from the same backgrounds, held the same beliefs, etc
- What is DEI?
- What types of legislation has been passed through the years protecting workers’ right regardless of sex, color, religion or national origin?
- What is inclusion and why is it important?
- What role does diversity and inclusion training have in any workplace harassment program?
- What are the benefits of a diverse workplace and employee base? (a diverse workplace benefits employees and employers alike – as well as customers)
- What is a respectful workplace, and how does it relate to diversity and inclusion training?
- How to incorporate diversity awareness into your workplace
- What positive effects on employees occur when workplace diversity is embraced? (Boost their confidence, strengthens morale, increase job satisfaction, etc.)
- What are the problems associated with stereotypes? (Leads employees to make assumptions and jump to conclusions about co-workers due to their color, age, religious beliefs, socioeconomic status, etc.)
- “Biased beliefs” are discussed, including such stereotypes as:
- “Women are the weaker sex.”
- “All foreigners are lazy.”
- “Older people don’t work well with computers.”
More Diversity Training Topics Covered In This Course:
- How to create a more inclusive environment in the workplace
- How the combinations of stereotypes and unconscious biases lead people to potentially discriminate against each other (and this, in turn, will lower morale, create a hostile work environment, force good employees to leave, etc). This is also sometimes referred to as micro-inequities
- What are the negative consequences of discrimination on the job for the employees, their team, and the employer?
- What is cultural competency, and why is it important to teach our employees how to work with their teams who might be of a different cultural background?
- How to help employees understand, respect, embrace, and value differences between themselves and their co-workers when it comes to differences in cultures, gender, values, insights and perspectives
- What are the key elements of any diversity training program? (allyship, sensitivity training, inclusive leadership, and more)
- What are “good diversity practices,” and how do they help employees understand and appreciate each other’s differences
- How to teach employees that what they “know” about someone who is of a certain ethnicity, religion, etc, is often completely wrong (all people, regardless of the characteristics that they were born with, are individuals and completely different from one another in an infinite amount of way)
- How to encourage a free exchange of all employee’s ideas and opinions
- and much more…
Providing your employees with workplace diversity training will help your business in many ways. Decreasing the incidences of bias, discrimination, and “us against them attitudes” mean that employees will focus on work instead of their differences. This workplace diversity training course is available as an English or Spanish language version and on DVD or USB Stick. The “Management Training” version of this program can be found here: Manager Diversity Training
Diversity Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.