Hazard Communication Training – [Complete Video Training Kit]
This Hazard Communication training video will help educate your workers on the hazards in their work areas, AND keep your compliant with the OSHA Standard. This “Right to Know” or HAZCOM training will teach your workers all about chemical hazards, Safety Data Sheets, as well as the importance of each facility’s written Hazard Communication program.
This Hazard Communication Training for General Industry Covers the Following:
- What is a Safety Data Sheet and how does it differ from the “old” Material Safety Data Sheet or MSDS?
- What information is included on a Safety Data Sheet, how to read an SDS label, and information on pictograms
- The importance of understanding how to properly store and use chemicals in the workplace
- What is the Globally Harmonized System or GHS?
- How the standardization of chemical labels brought on by GHS helped alleviate confusion around chemical safety (chemical labels now present information in a uniform manner, standardized symbols are now in place, etc)
- What are the basics that are included in any Hazard Communication Program? (the types of potentially hazardous materials in the workplace, where they are located, how they are labeled, where the Safety Data Sheets are kept, how employees will receive their training, and anything else relevant to chemical safety at your specific facility)
- What are the different “groups” or “classes” of hazardous chemicals and why its important to understand each class, and how they affect the people who use them
- An overview and definition for toxic substances, poisons, corrosives and irritants, acids and bases, as well as flammables and combustibles
HAZCOM Training Additional Topics Discussed:
- A discussion on flammable gases like hydrogen, propane and acetylene as well as the proper storage such as a flammable materials cabinet
- The importance of recognizing carcinogens and suspected carcinogens and how to use them properly
- What to do in the case of chemical splashes, inhalation, ingestion or skin contact
- What is the concept of “duration of exposure” and why is it important?
- A complete discussion on the importance of proper Personal Protective Equipment and the role it plays in keeping workers safe
- What to do in the case of a leak or spill of a hazardous chemical
- How to properly clean up a chemical spill while containing the spill and minimizing further contamination
- and much more…
All employees need training on Hazard Communications and this video will fill that need. It comes complete with a trainee quiz and Training Completion Certificate so you can document your employee training efforts. This training course is 22 minutes in length and comes in either an English or Spanish language option, and on either a DVD or USB Stick.
Hazard Communication Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.