Straddle Stacker Safety Training
In warehouse environments, straddle trucks, also known as walkie stackers, can come in handy when it comes to maintaining an orderly environment. However, despite their convenience and ease of use, the straddle stacker comes with its own unique safety risks and challenges. That’s why we created this Straddle Stacker Safety Training Video to teach your employees how to operate this unique type of forklift properly. This training course covers several key areas related to a straddle truck’s safety.
This Straddle Stacker Safety Course Covers The Following:
- What is the difference between a straddle stacker and an electric pallet jack?
- How is the walkie stacker better suited for a narrow aisle warehouse environment, and what safety precautions must be taken when using this machine?
- What are some specific hazards that operators need to be aware of? (being run over, loads falling, the truck falling over, hitting pedestrians, etc.)
- What are the different components of, and requirements for, a pre-shift inspection of the straddle truck? (Wheels, warning lights, fork operation, lift cylinder, handle, brakes, mast, guards, carriage, etc.)
- What are the conditions when a straddle truck should be locked and tagged out for maintenance issues?
- How to understand the stability triangle when using the straddle stacker
- Where should the load be placed, and what are the dangers of not placing the load on the truck properly?
- How to read and understand the manufacturer’s data plate when it comes to weight limits and other important information
- What is the “Load Moment,” and why do walkie stacker operators need to understand this principle?
- What is the proper way to balance your load on the straddle truck, and what are the best practices in carrying loads?
- What are the four major areas for straddle stacker accidents, and what are the safety protocols operators need to be aware of for each of the four areas? (tip over, loss of steering control, falling loads, and collisions with products or people)
- and much more…
If your facility uses walkie stackers, narrow aisle trucks, hand rider forklifts, or straddle trucks, then this safety training video should be part of your training regimen. Available as an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick, this training module is just over 10 minutes long.
Full-Length Straddle Stacker Safety Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.