In warehouse environments straddle trucks, also known as walkie stackers, can really come in handy when it comes to maintaining an orderly environment. However, despite their convenience and ease of use, the straddle stacker come with its own unique safety risks and challenges. That's why we created this Straddle Stacker Safety Training Video to teach your employees how to properly operate this unique type of forklift. This training course covers several key areas as it relates to the safety of a straddle truck:|
If your facility uses walkie stackers, narrow aisle trucks, hand rider forklifts or straddle trucks then this safety training video should be part of your training regimen. Available as an English speaking DVD or USB Stick, this training module is just over 10 minutes in length.
- What is the difference between a straddle stacker and an electric pallet jack?
- How is the walkie stacker better suited for a narrow aisle warehouse environment and what safety precautions need to be taken when using this machine?
- What are some specific hazards that operators need to be aware of? (being run over, loads falling, the truck falling over, hitting pedestrians, etc.)
What are the different components of, and requirements for, a pre-shift inspection of the straddle truck? (Wheels, warning lights, fork operation, lift cylinder, handle, brakes, mast, guards, carriage, etc)
- What are the conditions when a straddle truck should be locked and tagged out for maintenance issues?
- How to understand the stability triangle when using the straddle stacker
- Where should the load be placed and what are the dangers of not placing the load on the truck properly?
- How to read and understand the manufacturers data plate when it comes to weight limits and other important information
- What is the "Load Moment" and why do walkie stacker operators need to understand this principle?
- What is the proper way to balance your load on the straddle truck and what are the best practices in carrying loads?
- What are the four major areas for straddle stacker accidents and what are the safety protocols operators need to be aware for each of the four areas? (tip over, loss of steering control, falling loads, and collisions with products or people)
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?: