Do your employees need video training on pallet jack safety? If so this video is for you! Part of the benefit of electric pallet jacks, walkies and walkie riders, is that they eliminate many of the risks associated with lifting injuries in the workplace. Ironically, however, if used improperly or without sufficient training, these back-savers can cause other types of severe injuries. That is why this electric pallet jack training is so important.
This 17-minute pallet jack safety training video provides a thorough introduction to the proper use of motorized pallet jacks, including safety guidelines, potential hazards and maintenance routines. It is a perfect way to provide pallet jack certification to your employees who use this tool. Some key points covered in the training include:
- What are the dangers associated with pallet jacks?
- What working conditions can cause the pallet jack to become unstable and dangerous to operate?
- What are the OSHA guidelines that motorized pallet truck operators need to be aware of and adhere to?
- What is a “deadman switch” and a “belly switch” and what are they used for?
- How to safely operate a walkie or walkie rider
- How to safely move a load with an electric pallet jack
- How to understand your pallet trucks operating capacity and limits
- How loading docks and inclined surfaces create special hazards for pallet jack operation
- and much more…
Available in either an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick. We also offer a manual pallet jack training video if you need that version instead.
This pallet jack training teaches the principles in the OSHA Standard for Powered Industrial trucks, or 1910.178