When it comes to workplace safety, one of the key skills we can teach employees is to recognize hazards. By always scanning their work area for workplace hazards many accidents and injuries can be avoided. This Hazard Recognition Training Video will teach your employees how to do just that.
Major Points Covered In This Hazard Recognition Training:
- How does the number of hazards within a work area affect the ultimate number of injuries that will occur? (as hazard count rises, so does the number of injuries. These two numbers are correlated)
- As we identify, control or eliminate hazards, any job site will have fewer accidents, injuries and fatalities
- What are the different types of hazards that are common to most workplaces?
- Physical Hazards – like machines or tools that can cut, crush or burn you
- Ergonomics Hazards – such as tasks that require frequent lifting, repetitive motions or awkward movements
- Chemical Hazards – items like flammable substances, cleaning solutions, fumes, and pesticides to name a few
- Biological Hazards – including bacteria, mold, viruses, parasites, etc
- What happens when you combine a hazardous condition with an unsafe act?
- What are some examples of hazardous conditions combined with unsafe acts? (cutting corners on safety when you are in a hurry such as removing the guards from a machine, using a tool in an improper manner, etc)
- What is a job hazard analysis and how should it be implemented on the job to reduce hazards and resulting accidents or injuries?
- What is the role of a pre-shift inspection when it comes to safety and keeping employees safe on the job?
- What should the protocol be when an employee sees a hazard on the job? (if the employee is able to correct the hazard on their own they should, report the issue to the supervisor, and finally, warn your co-workers about the hazard so they can avoid it too)
- Sometimes we don’t recognize hazards until after an injury has occurred. The lesson we learn from this is by examining how the accident occurred, and putting measures in place so that the hazard is corrected.
- How to identify the root causes of an incident, injury or accident
- and much more
Teaching your employees Hazard Recognition skills will help ensure a safe workplace. This is good for both the employee and the employer alike. The employee has the best chance of going home to their family without injury. For the employer, this training helps ensure Regulatory Compliance. This Hazard Recognition Training Video is available in an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB stick.