Using scissor lifts can make jobs easier and more efficient, allowing you to save time and money. But scissor lifts can also be dangerous, especially when employees are using them unsafely. This Scissor Lift Training Video is designed to show employees how to use this important machine properly, safely, and without incident.
The video includes topics like safe handling, maneuvering, and wearing appropriate body harnesses and other personal safety equipment while operating a scissor lift. The scissor lift training will teach scissor lift operators several key fundamental items:
- What are the hazards associated with using a scissor lift and what lift training is required by OSHA? (Scissor lift hazards include tip-overs, falling objects, overhead hazards and fall protection)
- What are the “safety best practices” to be aware of as a scissor lift operator and what are the key concepts that need to be a party of any scissor lift training program?
- What are the OSHA regulations and requirements to ensure your operators are authorized and properly trained on the scissor lift?
- What are the most common types of scissor lifts? (Electric, diesel, propane, and gas-powered)
- Where are scissor lifts most commonly used? (They can be used indoors on finished floors or other lifts are meant to be used outdoors in rough terrain)
- How often and when should you inspect the scissor lift?
- How long is a scissor lift certification good for?
- The concept of fall protection as it relates to scissor lift training (If you want a more in-depth training on fall protection we have that as well)
- Why is it important for the operator to review the scissor lift safety manual?
- How and when do employees need to be retrained and re-authorized as part of any scissor lift certification training program? (Retraining will be required if the scissor lift operator has an accident, workplace conditions change and present a new hazard, you need to learn a new type of scissor lift then the one you were previously certified on, or you are observed operating the lift in an unsafe manner)
- How to identify and avoid overhead hazards (A key part of any scissor lifts safety procedures and training)
- How are aerial and scissor lifts different? Can an aerial lift operator use the same certification? (Aerial lifts are a completely different machine and we have specific training for that machine)
- Why is scissor lift certification training so important and what are the OSHA regulations that require an operator to be certified? (Because they are dangerous machines that cause an average of eight fatalities each year)
- What are the two inspections that are required before using the lift (the pre-start and worksite inspection)
- How to set up work zone warnings like signs, tape, cones, or other items to restrict access and let others know you are working in the area
- What are the different types of personal protective equipment or PPE that is available and recommended for scissor lift operators
- How to properly store and place the lift out of service when not in use
- and much more…
If your employees use scissor lifts then you need this training program. This scissor lift safety procedures training video will teach your operators the ins and outs of safety on this powerful machine. This training is offered on DVD or USB Stick and is available in English or Spanish language versions.
This training video focuses on the OSHA Training Requirements for Scissor Lifts.