Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training for Managers
If you are looking for the EMPLOYEE version of this training, click here.
Drug or alcohol abuse is, unfortunately, a common occurrence at work. Training your Managers and supervisors to be aware of employees who might be under the influence of drugs or alcohol is very important. Recognizing employees who are abusing drugs or alcohol is the first step in getting them the help they need. This benefits both the business and the employees. Our training for managers on Drug and Alcohol Awareness will teach your managers what they need to know.
This Drug and Alcohol Abuse Training for Managers Will Teach:
- What is a manager’s role in recognizing drug or alcohol abuse while at work?
- How big is the substance abuse problem in the United States?
- What is an estimate of the number of employees who have a drug or alcohol problem? (It is estimated that 1 out of every 10 employees have substance abuse problems)
- What are some problems associated with employees who have substance abuse issues? (Their productivity can be decreased, they can create a hostile work environment that affects other employees, they might damage your company’s reputation with customers, and much more)
What Does Drug and Alcohol Abuse Cost the Average Business?
- Employees who are under the influence are five times more likely to suffer a work-related injury than a sober employee.
- It is estimated that drug and alcohol use in the workplace causes businesses to lose almost 200 billion dollars annually.
- Although it’s difficult to measure, it can’t be disputed that an employee who is under the influence causes untold damage to their co-workers, whether it’s emotional damage, harassment, or many other negative things.
- Obviously, not having a drug-free workplace can cost your business in many ways. On the flip side, a company’s substance abuse policy can save them money, work injuries, and potential litigation
What Managers Need to Know When It Comes to Drug and Alcohol Abuse at Work:
- What are the most commonly used substances employees might use and have access to? (Alcohol is the number one most commonly used substance, followed by a variety of street and prescribed drugs)
- When is substance abuse training required, and how can it help with prescription drug misuse and promoting a drug-free workplace?
- What are some things Managers and Supervisors can look for when they suspect an employee might be under the influence?
- What is “substance misuse”?
- How does OSHA’s general duty clause relate to the issue of drug or alcohol usage at work?
- Medical privacy laws and how Managers can prevent breaking those laws when dealing with substance abuse issues at work
- What does the Americans With Disabilities Act say about an employee who is a recovering alcoholic or drug addict?
Additional Topics Discussed in this Substance Awareness Training for Managers:
- What is the importance of a company policy on drugs or alcohol, and what should that policy contain?
- What is the role of drug testing in the workplace when it comes to drug and alcohol abuse?
- What are the signs and symptoms of substance abuse that a supervisor or manager can observe when an employee is under the influence?
- What is drug-free workplace training and/or reasonable suspicion training?
- What to do when you suspect one of your employees has a substance abuse problem
- What is the connection between workplace safety and substance abuse?
- and much more….
Training your Managers and Supervisors on employee substance abuse is important for many reasons. From the safety of co-workers to the well-being of the employee and business, addressing drug and alcohol issues is important. This training will help prepare your managers on how to handle these issues within your employee base.
Available as an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick, the training is 20 minutes in length. We also offer this course as part of an online training program, either as a standalone course or as part of a larger safety training library.
This Complete Manager Training on Drug and Alcohol Abuse Awareness Includes These Items:
- Full-length Drug and Alcohol Awareness training video for Managers and Supervisors
- Manager quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Full-Length Preview – Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training for Managers:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order. Shipping is a flat $12.00.