Our workplaces now include men and women of all descriptions – different ages, races, faiths, and sexual orientations. Those unique features make your employees who they are and and now more than over, we are working in a “diverse workplace.” While a diverse workplace offers significant benefits, it can also bring about it’s own challenges. That’s why this “Manager Diversity Training” video is so important.
This Manager Diversity Training Covers Several Key Concepts With Your Staff:
- How is diversity defined and how does it relate to your employees? (Any group of American workers now includes people of many backgrounds, who can live, dress, think, speak, eat, worship and even communicate differently from one another)
- What is the role of a Manager when it comes to understanding the diversity that exists in our workplaces?
- What does a diverse workplace look like? (There are many differences in our employees including age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, and mental or physical disability, as well as the languages we speak, our socio-economic status, cultural backgrounds, education history and political beliefs)
- How can Managers and Supervisors help keep our diverse workforce running smoothly and how can we avoid issues related to employee grievances or lawsuits?
- How can diversity help a company? (Improve customer and client relations, attract the best employees, the ability to respond more flexibly to a changing marketplace)
- What specifically are the benefits when managers or supervisors help guide a diverse group of people who all work together? (Those employees can build more effective professional relationships, exchange ideas more freely, work more cohesively as a team….all of these items not only help the employee, but they benefit the employers as well)
Manager Diversity Training Additional Discussion Points Covered:
- How does a properly managed team help customers? (Since customers and clients are a diverse group themselves, your diverse team can engage with them more effectively, have better insight in the customer’s thinking, and better anticipate the customer’s needs). These area all a win-win scenario for employee, employers, manager and customer alike.
- How can a team benefit from this emphasis on diversity? (Employee morale usually is higher among a diverse and tolerant team, it can create greater job satisfaction for team members who feel part of the team, and can help the worker develop a stronger connection to their job)
- How Managers and Supervisor can help their Team deal with stereotyping and bias which can destroy team morale and productivity
- Why Managers are held to a higher standard on the words that come out of their mouth, actions they take, decisions they make, etc
- How to help Managers and Supervisors identify biases they may hold, and work towards recognizing and correcting those biases (These are actual skills that should be developed in every management team)
- How Managers “set the tone” for their Teams, and how they are the first line of defense when it comes to discrimination, employee in-fighting, and tolerance to their diverse workforce
- What Managers should do if there is ever a report of potential discrimination, and how to respond to that report (The importance of remaining impartial, keep the matter confidential, documentation, etc)
- and much more…
Having a diverse workforce is a benefit to your Managers but it is not without its challenges. Give your Management staff the training they need to uphold your Company values and keep the Teams happy and productive. This Manager Diversity Training Video will ensure your Managers and Supervisors have the training they need. Available in either an English or Spanish language version, and on either DVD or USB Stick.
Employee Diversity Training