This training video will help educate your workers on the OSHA General Industry Walking and Working Surfaces protocol. Since workplace slips, trips and falls account for a large percentage of occupational injuries, focusing on reducing those injuries is the goal of our training. The training DVD is broken into 5 key areas:|
Each of these 5 key areas are discussed in detail with a focus on avoiding slips, trips and falls. Through this training your employees will learn:
- The basics of safe work surfaces including hazards such as liquids, grease, spills, and even dry materials like dirt, sawdust and more
- Walkways and floors - We discuss trip and fall hazards associated with floors and how can we avoid injuries in those areas. A big area of focus is also on good workplace housekeeping.
- Stairs and fixed ladders - Falling down stairs can always be a serious issue but even more so at work where employees might be carrying tools or other items. Trainees are taught not to run on stairs or skip stairs while they are using the staircase in order to reduce possible tripping or falling. Also, trainees will understand how a "fixed ladder" is defined and how to inspect and maintain their fall protection devices.
- Portable ladders - Since ladders are always a source of potential injury, the issue of ladder safety is emphasized on how to properly use a ladder all the while avoiding accidents or injuries. Further instruction is given on how to inspect a portable ladder as well as how to set up a ladder properly.
- Scaffolding - Both "supported" and "suspended" scaffolding is discussed, as well as "vertical lifelines" and "horizontal lifelines".
Trips, slips and falls are oftentimes avoidable accidents. Through education like this DVD, your employees can learn to spot hazards, and avoid getting injured on the job. The idea of "good housekeeping" is focused on in this training and is the key to preventing slip, trip and fall accidents and injuries.
- How to identify common types of walking and working surfaces within the workplace
- Understand the slip, trip and fall hazards located within their workspace
- Learn and know specific procedures that can be used to avoid slip, trip and fall hazards on the job site
- Understand how good housekeeping and "guarding" can reduce slips, trips, and falls
- Recognize how unsafe behavior can cause accidents on stairways
- Know how to properly inspect and set up a portable ladder
- Understand how personal fall protection can reduce the risk of a fall from a fixed ladder of scaffold.
This Walking and Working Surfaces Training DVD is available in English or Spanish language, and has a run time of just over 18 minutes.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session