Walking and Working Surfaces Training – [Complete Video Kit]
This training video will help educate your workers on the OSHA General Industry Walking and Working Surfaces protocol. Since workplace slips, trips and falls account for a large percentage of occupational injuries, focusing on reducing those injuries is the goal of our training.
The Walking and Working Surfaces Training is Broken Into 5 Key Areas:
- The basics of safe work surfaces including hazards such as liquids, grease, spills, and even dry materials like dirt, sawdust and more
- Walkways and floors – We discuss trip and fall hazards associated with floors and how can we avoid injuries in those areas. A big area of focus is also on good workplace housekeeping.
- Stairs and fixed ladders – Falling down stairs can always be a serious issue but even more so at work where employees might be carrying tools or other items. Trainees are taught not to run on stairs or skip stairs while they are using the staircase in order to reduce possible tripping or falling. Also, trainees will understand how a “fixed ladder” is defined and how to inspect and maintain their fall protection devices.
- Portable ladders – Since ladders are always a source of potential injury, the issue of ladder safety is emphasized on how to properly use a ladder all the while avoiding accidents or injuries. Further instruction is given on how to inspect a portable ladder as well as how to set up a ladder properly.
- Scaffolding – Both “supported” and “suspended” scaffolding is discussed, as well as “vertical lifelines” and “horizontal lifelines”.
Each of these 5 key areas are discussed in detail with a focus on avoiding slips, trips and falls.
Additional Topics Discussed in This Walking and Working Surfaces Training Program:
- How to identify common types of walking and working surfaces within the workplace
- Understand the slip, trip and fall hazards located within their workspace
- Learn and know specific procedures that can be used to avoid slip, trip and fall hazards on the job site
- Understand how good housekeeping and “guarding” can reduce slips, trips, and falls
- Recognize how unsafe behavior can cause accidents on stairways
- Know how to properly inspect and set up a portable ladder
- Understand how personal fall protection can reduce the risk of a fall from a fixed ladder of scaffold.
Trips, slips and falls are oftentimes avoidable accidents. Through education like this DVD, your employees can learn to spot hazards, and avoid getting injured on the job. The idea of “good housekeeping” is focused on in this training and is the key to preventing slip, trip and fall accidents and injuries.
This Walking and Working Surfaces Training is available in English or Spanish language, is available in DVD or USB Stick, and has a run time of just over 18 minutes.
Walking and Working Surfaces Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.