You can prevent workplace injuries and accidents and it is easier than you might think. Safety audits can be an effective way to analyze the hazards in your work environment, and determine what areas need improvement. This Safety Audits Video Training explains the necessity of safety audits, how they are performed, and what they can reveal about your workplace.
This Safety Audit Training Covers Several Key Concepts:
- What can a safety audit do for your business? (It gives you a systematic way to “learn from your mistakes.” When an accident happens you can better understand WHY it happened, and introduce policies, procedures, and/or equipment to prevent that accident from happening again)
- What is a safety audit? (it is a process to analyze hazards in your workplace, identify strengths and weaknesses of your current safety program, and recommend ways to improve it)
- What is a “Workplace Analysis” and why is it important to any safety audit? (This is basically a comprehensive search for hazards that exist within your business)
- What is the first step in any workplace analysis? (this would be a physical inspection of the job site and/or employer premises. The goal would be to look for hazards within the business like clutter, work station ergonomics, damaged flooring, defective tools, insufficient lighting and anything that might cause an injury of some kind)
Other Topics Covered in This Safety Audit Training Course:
- What is a “system of controls” and why are they important to a safety workplace? (these are physical or procedural controls that a business uses to minimize hazards on the job site. These are often referred to as “Administrative Controls” and “Engineering Controls.”
- Personal Protective Equipment is another type of control that is used to prevent accidents and injuries within a business
- What are some examples of items that all employees need to know the location of? (fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, first aid kits, and more)
- What is a “near miss” and why is it important to evaluate near misses to better your safety program? (A near miss is a minor incident that under different circumstances could have resulted in a much worse accident. These are sometimes a first aid situation but it could have just as easily been a major injury of some kind)
- Why is an accident investigation important in any workplace safety program? (you will learn from incidents that have already occurred in order to prevent them from happening again in the future)
- and much more…
This Safety Audit training can benefit your whole facility. It can teach Managers the importance of safety inspections, and teach employees how to remain aware of their actions and the importance of keeping a safe and clean work area. Available in an English or Spanish language option and in either DVD or USB format. The training is 15 minutes in length.