Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Do your employees use suspended scaffolding? If so, ten you need this Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training Program. Whenever you have employees working above ground, you have the potential for serious injury or worse. For this reason, OSHA has detailed training requirements for anyone who is responsible for working on, or around, suspended scaffolds on the job. This training is required to keep employees safe, and this Suspending Scaffolding Training will help you accomplish this goal.
This Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training Covers the Following:
- What are suspended scaffolds and how do they work? How are they different from supported scaffolding? (Suspended scaffolding is made up of one ore more platforms, hung by fiber or metal ropes. The ropes allow the platform to be raised or lowered to the work location)
- What does OSHA require for Suspended Scaffolding training? (How to assemble and disassemble the suspended scaffolding, the placement and correct use, fall prevention for employees who work on suspended scaffolds, and how to handle work materials when on the suspended scaffold)
- What are the OSHA requirements for the scaffold expert and what is their role and responsibilities? (The scaffold expert needs to supervise the scaffold construction, enforce scaffold safety protocols, and resolve any problems related to the suspended scaffolding)
- What are some hazards specific to suspended scaffolding? (Pipes or other objects sticking out which might tip the scaffold as it moves, coming in contact with live power or electrical lines and wires, and more)
Suspended Scaffolding Training Course Additional Topics:
- What are the different suspension devices used on suspended scaffolds? (Roof irons, cornice hooks, and parapet clamps are examples)
- How does OSHA define the suspended scaffold maximum intended load and why is that important? (The load is defined by the total weight of the scaffold, all tools that will be carried, all workers on the scaffold, and any materials that will be on board. This is important because per OSHA, the scaffold must be able able to support four times the maximum intended load)
- What are tie-backs, hoists, counterweights, swing stages, and outrigger beams and when are they used with suspended scaffolding?
- When should suspended scaffold ropes be replaced? (When an inspection reveals gouges, tears, or fraying. Also, ropes must be replaced when they have lost one-third of their original diameter)
- What is a “boatswain’s chair” and what are the OSHA requirements for it’s use?
Employee Training on Suspended Scaffolding Topics Discussed:
- When and how to perform inspections on the suspended scaffolding equipment including ropes, hoists, platforms, and more.
- What is a Personal Fall Arrest System or PFA and what is it’s role in fall protection when working with suspended scaffolding?
- The importance of fall protection training for anyone that works on scaffolding
- What are the components of a Personal Fall Arrest System? (A full-body harness, a lifeline, a deceleration device, and an anchoring device that is connected to a supporting structure)
- What are the OSHA requirements for guardrails on suspended scaffolding? (They need a top and middle rail, must be installed 39 to 45 inches above the walking surface of the scaffold, and be strong enough to withstand the force of a worker falling onto them)
- What is Falling Object Protection and why must every employee who works with Scaffolds understand this concept?
- When should toe-boards, screens and debris nets be used?
- And much more….
If your employees work on suspended scaffolds then you know safety training is not only an OSHA requirement, but is can also help save lives and prevent injuries. That’s why this Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training is so important. It will teach your workers the safety concepts they need to help prevent accidents and injuries while working on Suspended Scaffolding.
Suspended Scaffolding Training Course Delivery Options:
This training is available on a DVD or on USB stick, and in either English or Spanish language. The runtime for this training program is just over 19 minutes. We also offer an online training option, either as a standalone course or as part of a larger safety training library of 220+ videos.
This Complete Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training Program Includes These Items:
- Full-length Suspended Scaffolding safety training video
- Employee quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Suspended Scaffolding Safety Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.