Your hands are one of your most valuable tools. However, thousands of people injure their hands, fingers, or wrists each year due to a workplace accident or injury. Help your team protect themselves with this Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety Training Video. Your employees will learn about common hazards to their hands, safety measures while working with tools, personal safety equipment, proper work procedures to reduce risk of injury, tool maintenance, first aid, and more.
This Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety Training Video Covers These Important Concepts:
- What are the different ways we can injure our hands, wrists or fingers while at work? (we can bruise or break them, cut scrape or puncture them, they can be crushed or even amputated)
- When using tools, what are the best ways to protect our hands and fingers? (inspect all tools before using them, don’t use tools if they are worn, dull or broken, check to ensure machine guards are in place and fully functional, etc.)
- What are ergonomic hazards when it comes to our hands and wrists? (conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, or repetitive use syndrome can occur when proper ergonomics aren’t followed while working)
- How to prevent repetitive motion type injuries while working? (avoid repetitive motions, avoid working in awkward positions, avoid using excessive force when using tools, and more)
- When it comes to using hand tools, what is a “power grip” and why is it important? (an example would be using a hammer would be curling our fingers, palm and thumb around the hammer when using it which in turn distributes the weight evenly over the muscles and tendons of the entire hand and allows the wrist and forearm to carry the load when swinging it)
- What is a “precision grip” and how does it differ from a power grip?
- Why is vibration a key safety consideration when it comes to using power hand tools? (hammer drills, grinders, chainsaws, chipping hammers and more can vibrate excessively and damage the hand that holds them)
Additional Topics Covered In The Hand, Wrist and Finger Safety Training Video:
- What is “hand-arm vibration syndrome” and how can it be prevented? (this is the loss of nerve sensation caused by using vibrator tools for too long a period, gripping the tool too hard, etc.)
- Preventing injuries due to vibration is accomplished by limiting the amount of time these tools are used, avoid gripping the tool too strongly, wearing gloves that absorb the vibration and more)
- What are the best type of gloves for performing some common work activities? (scratches, blisters and more can be prevented by using cloth gloves, leather gloves can protect you from splinters, sparks from tools you are using, and cut resistant gloves can protect you from sharp edged tools)
- What can neoprene, vinyl or rubber gloves protect you from? (lyes, petroleum products, and other organic liquids)
- What can latex, nitrile or polyethylene gloves protect you from? (germs, bacteria, viruses and more)
- How to make sure the gloves that you are wearing fit properly and provide the best protection for your hands
- and much more…
Teaching your employees the importance of protecting their hands, wrists and fingers is critical to their safety. Reducing injuries from upper extremity injuries is a benefit for both employee and employer alike. This Hand, Wrist and Finger safety training video will help you do just that. This training kit comes with everything you need to present a thorough and in depth look at hand and finger safety. Available in English or in Spanish language and on either DVD or USB Stick. The runtime of this training is 15 minutes.