Safety Showers and Eye Wash Stations – [Complete Video Kit]
Even the most diligent employees can sometimes have an accident on the job. When these occurrences involve hazardous chemicals, safety showers, and eyewash stations can mean the difference between a minor mishap and serious injury. This Safety Showers and Eye Wash Station Training Kit will teach your workers how to use safety showers properly, as well as inform them of when they should be used.
This Safety Showers and Eye Wash Stations Training Covers:
- What are the different types of safety showers or eye wash stations, and how should they be used?
- Why is the water flow strength important and why does each eye wash station need to be checked and maintained on a regular basis?
- How long should an eye wash station water flow last? (at least 15 minutes)
- Where should showers or eye wash stations be located? (example: anywhere that corrosives, like acids, bases, dehydrating agents, or oxidizing agents, are used)
- What are some examples of commonly used corrosive, and what are the effects of those corrosives on the eyes or skin? (for example – phosphoric acid or xylene)
- In addition to eye wash stations and safety showers, what are the other precautions that need to be taken while working with chemicals? (using PPE, understanding the emergency plan, understanding the Safety Data Sheets, and reading and understanding the facility’s Hazard Communication Program)
- What is the training protocol for employees when it comes to eye wash stations?
- The importance of making it easy to reach the eye wash station or shower (keep routes free of equipment or supplies, keep areas under showers clear, etc.)
- What is an “OSHA Stress Test” when it comes to eye wash station maintenance?
- What are the important components of teaching employees how to use an eye wash station or safety shower?
- and much more…
This video training course on Safety Showers and Eyewash Stations will ensure your personnel is prepared. Available in either English or Spanish language and on either a DVD or USB Stick.
Safety Showers and Eye Wash Stations Full-Length Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.