Power tools can be a life savers when it comes to getting work done with speed and precision. However, when handled improperly, power tools can also mean injury to your employees which is why we created this Hand and Power Tool Safety Training Video. This training program not only covers basic safety protocol to use when handling tools, but it also covers the following important topics:|
- What are the different hazards and types of injuries that can be caused by a power tool? (abrasions, bruises, burns, lacerations, punctures, eye injuries, amputations, broken bones, etc)
- What are the different hazards associated with unpowered hand tool use? (screwdriver punctures your hand, a hammer crushes your fingers, etc)
- What are the best practices to keep in mind while using power or hand tools?
- How to inspect power tools before you use them and what to look for (Cracked or bent pieces, rust or corrosion, loose or missing parts,)
- How to inspect power saws and what to look for before using them (example: saw guards are present and working properly)
- What to do with a tool that has missing or broken parts
- How to properly care for tools
- What Personal Protective Equipment or PPE should be used when operating a power tool? (Examples depending on situation: eye and ear protection, respirators, safety glasses, etc)
- What other specific PPE should you use for grinding, cutting or sanding?
- Electrical considerations to keep in mind while using power tools (i.e. standing in water, frayed cords, improper grounding, extension cords, etc)
- What is kickback and how to you prevent it when using a power tool? (Examples securely clamp materials down, allow tools to come up to full speed before starting to cut or drill, change directions gradually, etc)
- Special considerations for using power tools around flammable or combustible materials
- and much more...
If your employees use any type of hand or power tool then this training video is for you. Available in either English or Spanish language options, as well as on either DVD or USB stick.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session