Hand and Power Tool Safety Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Power tools can be a life savers when it comes to getting work done with speed and precision. However, when handled improperly, power tools can also mean injury to your employees which is why we created this Hand and Power Tool Safety Training Video. This training program not only covers basic safety protocol to use when handling tools, but it also covers additional safety topics necessary for anyone handling power tools.
This Hand and Power Tool Safety Training Covers These Important Concepts:
- What are the different hazards and types of injuries that can be caused by a power tool? (abrasions, bruises, burns, lacerations, punctures, eye injuries, amputations, broken bones, etc)
- What are the different hazards associated with unpowered hand tool use? (screwdriver punctures your hand, a hammer crushes your fingers, etc)
- What are the best practices to keep in mind while using power or hand tools?
- How to inspect power tools before you use them and what to look for (Cracked or bent pieces, rust or corrosion, loose or missing parts,)
- How to inspect power saws and what to look for before using them (example: saw guards are present and working properly)
- What to do with a tool that has missing or broken parts
- How to properly care for tools
Power Tool Safety Training Additional Topics Discussed:
- What Personal Protective Equipment or PPE should be used when operating a power tool? (Examples depending on situation: eye and ear protection, respirators, safety glasses, etc)
- What other specific PPE should you use for grinding, cutting or sanding?
- Electrical considerations to keep in mind while using power tools (i.e. standing in water, frayed cords, improper grounding, extension cords, etc)
- What is kickback and how to you prevent it when using a power tool? (Examples securely clamp materials down, allow tools to come up to full speed before starting to cut or drill, change directions gradually, etc)
- Special considerations for using power tools around flammable or combustible materials
- and much more…
If your employees use any type of hand or power tool then this training video is for you. Available in either English or Spanish language options, as well as on either DVD or USB stick.
Hand and Power Tool Safety Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.