Winter Safety Training for Employees – [Complete Video Kit]
As fun and magical as the winter time can be it can also be a recipe for work related injuries. That is why this Winter Safety Training Video is so important. Every year thousands of employees are injured, both on the job and off, during the winter season. This training offers an informative way to discuss this issue with your employees while offering useful tips for keeping them safe on the job.
This Winter Safety Training Video Covers The Following Important Topics:
- Whether on the job or at home it’s important to dress correctly for the cold or wet months of winter (layer your clothing as it holds in your body heat, wear a water repellent shell to keep dry, have proper hats or gloves to keep you warm)
- How can you prevent yourself from slipping and falling in the snow or icy covered sidewalks? (Wear proper footwear, take small steps, watch out for slick spots, etc)
- How to properly shovel snow without getting a back injury (use a smaller shovel to make the load lighter, pace yourself, take a break, etc)
- What does salting your sidewalks and walkways before snow comes decrease slips and falls?
- Before driving your car in the snow why is it important to brush off excess snow from your hood? (It will prevent the snow from blowing onto your windshield while you drive)
- What to do if your car starts to skid or slide in the snow or ice covered roadways? (don’t slam on the brakes, stay calm, take your foot off the gas pedal and steer the car in the direction of the skid)
- Why is it important to stay hydrated while working in cold weather? (it’s easy to sweat away fluids and minerals even in cold weather, working in heavy clothing can tire you out more quickly, etc.)
Other Topics Covered in This Winter Safety Video:
- Why is it important to have your chimney cleaned? (without cleaning the soot inside the chimney can be a fire hazard)
- If your facility uses space heaters what are some best practices while using them? (position the heaters at least 3 feet from combustible materials, ensure that if they are electric that the cord isn’t a trip hazard, if they are fuel based heaters then make sure you are using the correct fuel, etc)
- What are some best practices when a Christmas tree is on display inside your business? (add some preservatives to the tree water and keep it watered daily, make sure the Christmas lights are UL approved, look for frayed wiring, cracked plugs or loose sockets, check the tree daily by bending the needles to verify that they aren’t dried up and brittle)
- If your business will light candles during the Holiday Season than make sure you take safety precautions with that open flame (don’t place candles near trees or decorations, never leave a lit candle unattended, keep away from any materials that might catch fire, make sure there is a portable fire extinguisher nearby, etc.)
- and much more…
Helping your employees stay safe during the winter season is a benefit to both them and your business. Teach your employees the tips and tricks found in this winter safety video and you can be sure to avoid accidents and injuries during this busy time of year. Available as an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB stick, this training video is 16 minutes long.
Winter Safety Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.