Workplace Security Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Teaching your employees how to maintain a safe and secure facility is critical in today’s environment. That’s where this training on Workplace Security comes in. Train your employees to be aware of your premises by teaching them how to be watchful of visitors, delivery vehicles, and on-site customers.
This Workplace Security Training Teaches the Following Important Concepts:
- What is a Workplace Security Program, and why is it important?
- How to assemble a group of employees to create a security program for your business
- What are the things within the business that are valuable and might be at risk of being stolen? These should be cataloged
- Why do your employees need to understand what workplace security awareness is and how it protects both them and the business? (Workplace security awareness is the concept that employees always need to understand who is on the business’s property, how the business might be vulnerable to theft, crime, or unwanted access, etc.)
- How does security awareness training help keep both the business and employees safe?
- What is a security awareness program, and why is it important?
- What are the facility’s points of vulnerability where outsiders could access the business?
- Are there areas within the business that might need to have restricted access?
- What are some examples of physical security measures for the business that might be implemented? (an example would be protective barriers, door locks, gates, etc)
- What is the primary security measure for controlling access to the business? (Usually, the doors where people can gain entrance to the building or facility)
- What are some areas within the business where you might want to consider more secure doors? (Areas like telephone or computer server closets, utility rooms, and doors that lead to areas with large quantities of raw materials, finished goods, or other valuable products)
- What is the importance of hardened locks within a business?
Additional Topics Covered in the Workplace Security Training:
- What are the benefits and reasons why you might want to consider key card or keypad access to your facility instead of regular keys? How does this help with employee workplace security awareness?
- What are some examples of physical security tools to protect the facility? (strong doors, strong locks, bulletproof glass, exterior lighting, alarms, and surveillance camera systems to name a few)
- Why are parking lots of particular concern for businesses and their employees? (The Department of Justice has stated that parking lots are the third most common place for crimes to occur, including theft, vandalism, robbery, assaults, and more). How does knowing this increase the need for security awareness training?
- What type of alarm systems might a business consider to help keep their facility safe and secure? (intrusion alarms, duress alarms, etc). What role do alarm systems play in reducing security risks?
- How might your business be vulnerable to cybercrime, including accessing employee or customer records, breaching your company’s financial data, etc.? What other cyber threats should your employees be aware of?
- What is a security awareness policy, and why should every business have one? (Employees also benefit from a security awareness policy as it might reduce workplace violence and other issues)
- What are some common ways employees should take precautions against cyber crimes? (using strong computer passwords, not opening suspicious emails, never using public wifi to access company files, and more)
- How can we coach employees to pick strong computer passwords? (passwords should be long, and include both upper and lower case as well as symbols. Never use their child’s name, birth dates, pet names, etc)
- What do your employees need to know about computer “phishing,” and how can they avoid exposing your company’s computer system to a phishing attack? This is important for both online and offline threats
- What is a VPN or Virtual Private Network? How might a VPN help your business from being hacked?
- How to evaluate your reception area for vulnerabilities
- What are some best practices when dealing with customers or visitors who come onto your property? (all visitors should sign in, be escorted to their destination, etc)
- What are some key ideas around workplace violence that employees should be aware of?
- What is run, hide, fight principle?
- and much more….
Getting your employees trained on Workplace Security is critical for both your employees and you as a business. It really is a critical part of any workplace safety program. This training video will get you on the right path to having a more safe and secure workplace and employee. The Workplace Security Training video is available as a DVD or on USB stick and has a run time of 24 minutes. Both English and Spanish options are available.
Workplace Security Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.