Most workers don't give materials handling much thought, but mishandling of materials leads to thousands of injuries each year. This Materials Handling Safety Video is designed to teach your worker how to avoid injuries while on the job. Viewers of this video will learn how to handle a range of materials, using common equipment like pallets and hand trucks, ergonomic considerations for lifting heavy items, and much more. The material handling training covers several key and important concepts:|
- What is materials handling? (Answer: it is how the things that people need get to where they are needed, on time and intact)
- What are the best practices associated with moving items to and fro? (where proper PPE, where slip resistant shoes, look at warning labels on items you are moving, be drug and alcohol free, user good body ergonomics when lifting and carrying, know where you are going before your start moving, etc)
- How to identify and correct overexertion while performing material handling jobs
- How to recognize repetitive motion and use alternative methods to accomplish the same task
- How to prevent injury to your back while moving product
- How to implement a team lift or buddy lift in order to lighten the load and prevent injury on the job when performing material handling tasks
- How to use different tools for moving items (hand truck, dollies, platform trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, etc)
- How to properly load a dolly or other tool in order to prevent the load from falling
- How to maintain control of a hand truck while loaded with product
- When using a forklift, platform truck, pallet jack or other tools, the importance of watching out for pedestrians and ensure that co-workers or other foot traffic stay safe and injury free
- and much more...
Available as an English or Spanish speaking training video and in either DVD or USB Stick format. This Materials Handling Training Video is an important part of any safety training program.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session