Hazard Communication Training for Automotive
For workers in the auto service industry there are many hazards in the workplace. As an employer, your responsibility is to train your employees, and communication the hazards in the workplace (also known as hazard communication). This Hazard Communication Training Video is focused on those employees who work in any auto related field.
Topics Covered in this HAZCOM for Automotive Training include:
- What is the “Right to Know” OSHA Standard and how does it apply to the automotive industry?
- What are the different sources of hazardous materials information? (Safety Data Sheets, HAZMAT Container Labels, and the Company’s written HAZCOM program)
- What are the different sections of the Safety Data Sheet and how is it read and interpreted?
- What are the elements of a Hazard Communication Program and why are they important?
- What are the procedures to handle a spill or leak of a hazardous material?
- What are some ways that we can prevent exposure to hazardous materials?
- What are the three “routes of entry” for any substance to enter the body? (skin contact, inhalation, and ingestion)
- If you are exposed to HAZMAT what are the procedures that you should follow to reduce or prevent injury?
- What are the three main sources of HAZMAT found in many auto facilities? (toxins, corrosives and irritants)
- What are some examples of toxic chemicals used in an auto service environment? (gasoline, brake cleaner, toluene, actetone, MEK, asbestos, battery acid, etc)
- What are some examples of irritants that can be found in an auto facility? (Diesel fuel, methylene chloride or DCM, and others)
- What is the importance of knowing how to deal with flammables and combustibles in an auto service facility?
- What are some examples of oxidizers found in auto facilities? (perchloric acid, nitric acid, and hydrogen peroxide)
- What role does Personal Protective Equipment or PPE play in having a safe work environment in any auto facility?
- And much more…
Training your auto mechanics or other auto workers on the Hazard Communication standard is not only required by OSHA, but is also a benefit to your business and your employees. Teaching your workers how to reduce injury and accidents as they do their work makes good business sense. This important training video is available as a DVD or USB Stick and in either English or Spanish language.
Full Length Hazard Communication for Automotive Workers Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.