Healthcare HAZCOM Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Your healthcare workers need HAZCOM training and this training video fits that need. Per OSHA, your healthcare staff is required to undergo hazard communication training to inform them about the chemicals they have in the workplace. This is also called the “Right to Know” regulation.
This Healthcare Staff HAZCOM Training Covers:
- What are the three ways that your staff can understand the chemicals used in your facility?:
- Container labels
- Safety Data Sheets
- and your medical facilities’ written HAZCOM program
- What is a Safety Data Sheet, and what type of information is contained on one?
- Why is it important for healthcare workers to know how to handle, dispose of, or store chemicals in the workplace?
- What does GHS stand for, and why should all healthcare staff understand it?
- A discussion about the different groups of hazardous chemicals, including toxic substances, poisons, irritants and corrosives, and flammables and combustibles
- What is a carcinogen, and why should workers understand it?
- What are the different “routes of entry” that a chemical can find its way into the human body?
- The difference between short and long-term exposure to chemicals
- How to handle a chemical splash in the medical facility
- How to handle a chemical spill in the medical facility
- and much more….
Like all workers, healthcare staff needs to be trained on the topic of Hazard Communications. It is not only an OSHA requirement, but it can also help prevent injuries and accidents among your medical staff. This training is available on a DVD or USB Stick, and in either English or Spanish options. We also have a Healthcare Worker Safety Orientation Training that you can check out as well.
Medical Staff HAZCOM Training Full-Length Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.