HAZCOM for Construction – [Complete Video Training Kit]
Hazard communication or HAZCOM, is a necessary piece of training for your construction crew. They must be informed of and understand the chemicals and other substances they are working with. This HAZCOM Training for Construction video will help your company meet its OSHA training requirements and help your employees remain safe on the job.
This Hazard Communication Training for Construction Training Discusses:
- What is the OSHA “Right to Know” or HAZCOM Standard, and what does it teach to employees?
- Under the HAZCOM Standard, how is information on chemicals communicated to construction workers? (Container labels, safety data sheets, and the construction company’s written Hazard Communication Program)
- What is a Safety Data Sheet, and what information does it contain? (This is the manufacturer’s information sheet on how to handle, use, and store a chemical or substance)
- What is the Globally Harmonized System or GHS?
- Why is chemical safety so important in a construction environment?
- What is a Hazard Communication Program, and what does it include?
- The types of hazardous materials or “hazmat” that exist in the workplace
- Where are those materials located
- Where the Safety Data Sheets are kept
- How chemicals and other materials are labeled
- How workers will receive their training
- What are the different classes or groups of hazardous chemicals or materials that a construction worker might encounter?
- Toxic substances
- Flammables and Combustibles
- At what flashpoint should something be considered flammable? (less than 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
This HAZCOM Training for Construction Also Covers the Following:
- At what flashpoint would something be considered combustible? (Between 100 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- How should flammable and combustible materials and substances be stored?
- What are the special handling instructions for hydrogen, propane gas, or acetylene?
- What are the dangers of infrared or Ultraviolet radiation?
- What Personal Protective Equipment or PPE is available to construction workers and should be considered? How can they protect us?
- What to do in case of a chemical spill or emergency
- How are chemicals a part of any good construction site safety program?
- What are the routes of entry for chemicals into our bodies? (Skin contact, ingestion, and inhalation)
- What is the duration of exposure, and why is it important for construction workers to understand?
- What is a Threshold Limit Value or TLV?
- What is a PEL or Permissible Exposure Limit, and why should your construction crew understand this concept?
- and much more
Training your construction workers on Hazard Communication is not only an OSHA requirement but also an important part of any construction safety training program. This HAZCOM training for Construction can help your company be OSHA compliant and hopefully reduce your incidence of accidents or injuries. Available in either English or Spanish, the training comes on either DVD or USB Stick.
Hazard Communication Training for Construction – Full Length Preview Video:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.