The dangers of asbestos are well documented. Breathing in this harmful substance has been linked to cancer, breathing problems, and much more. OSHA has released their Occupational Exposure to Asbestos guidelines to regulate training of employees who might come in contact with asbestos on the job. These guidelines include those who install or disturb asbestos containing building materials, including older flooring and ceiling tiles, but also those who are involved in maintenance or custodial work who may come in contact with these materials in their day to day jobs. |
Give your workers the right training to stay safe with this Asbestos Awareness Regulation Compliance training course. This complete kit features a detailed video on preventing asbestos exposure, the correct to safety equipment to use, and more. Important topics are covered with this training kit:
This asbestos training video is available as either an English or Spanish language version, and in either DVD or USB format.
- Where is asbestos-containing materials, or ACM's, potentially found in the workplace? (plaster, wallboard, girders, wrapped around pipes, heating ducts, attics, etc)
- How to recognize asbestos hazards and how to deal with those hazards safely
- What is asbestosis and how does it potentially lead to mesothelioma and other hazardous diseases? How can asbestos be avoided?
- What are the different categories of asbestos containing materials? (Friable and non-friable)
- What are the three most likely types of asbestos containing materials that employees may encounter? (Thermal system insulation like utility pipes, ductwork, boilers or HVAC systems, surfacing materials, and floor and ceiling tiles)
- What employees should do if they encounter asbestos or suspected asbestos in their work areas
- How to safely protect yourself with a respirator if you need to repair or clean up an area of asbestos in your facility
- How to properly dispose of ACM's and how to setup a decontamination area for your PPE and your person
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session