An important part of any safety training program is teaching your employees how to properly evacuate their work areas. Whether through an emergency, fire, natural disaster or other reason, sometimes having a proper evacuation plan can be the difference between life and death. That’s why we have created this Evacuation Training Video to teach your employees all about evacuation procedures. This video will cover several important areas:
- What is the key role each of each employee during an evacuation?
- What is an “Evacuation Warden” and what are their duties? (a volunteer who agrees to take responsibility for getting everyone outside during an evacuation, a person who checks the offices, bathrooms and other areas to make sure they are unoccupied, a person who may help those with special needs evacuate safely, and more)
- What is the role of a shut down crew and what are the items they might be shutting down during an evacuation? (things like gas service, electrical, utilities, etc)
- What are the best practices every facility needs to have in place in the event of an emergency evacuation situation?
- What is an “Emergency Action Plan” and how do you create one for your workplace?
- What are the key components of this Emergency Action Plan? (it’s available to everyone, it will define the conditions that would require a facility to evacuate, it covers all evacuation procedures, it includes important names and phone numbers, and more)
- The importance of good working alarms and keeping exit routes clear
- What is an “Assembly Point” or “Marshalling Area” and why is it important?
- The importance of staying calm during an evacuation (walk don’t run, assist those who are in immediate danger, stay calm, etc)
- What special considerations should be undertaken for a “Highrise” building?
- Emergency exits, evacuation routes, and alternate routes
- Special considerations for fire in the building and what steps to take to evacuate the building when dealing with flames, smoke, and heat
- and much more…
Every facility needs a proper evacuation procedure plan and the key to setting that plan up for success is proper employee training. Let this video be a part of your overal. safety training program by teaching your employees the importance of understanding your Company specific Evacuation Plan. This training is 18 minutes in length and is available in an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick.