Tuberculosis Training for Healthcare Workers
If you and your employees work in the healthcare field then chances are you are at an increased risk of being exposed to tuberculosis. This OSHA Tuberculosis Training Video will teach your workers how to avoid contracting the illness using the latest respiratory protection equipment. Keeping our healthcare workers safe is important and this Tuberculosis Training Prevention Course will help do just that.
This Tuberculosis Training Video Teaches Healthcare Workers the Following Concepts:
- What is the history of Tuberculosis, commonly known as TB? (thought to be eradicated in the late 1960’s, Tuberculosis made a comeback in the 1980’s. It is one of the most common infectious diseases in the world claiming more than one million lives per year
- What is the risk to healthcare workers in contracting TB? (Since nurses, doctors, and other medical staff are on the front lines, their risk of exposure is greater)
- What is the bacteria that causes TB? (Mycobacterium tuberculosis)
- What are some high-hazard medical procedures when it comes to Tuberculosis? (Medical procedures such as intubation, sputum induction, and bronchoscopies are examples of when microscopic droplets can be generated and spread Tuberculosis)
- What is latent TB?
- What are the Center for Disease Control’s guidelines on Preventing the Transmission of Tuberculosis? (This CDC policy was also adopted by OSHA to help prevent the spread of TB at work)
Additional Topics Covered In The Tuberculosis Training for Healthcare Employees:
- What are some examples of how TB infection can be reduced in healthcare families? (Creating a written prevention and control plan, by implementing infection controls, and conducting healthcare worker training are examples)
- What are the common testing procedures for suspected Tuberculosis infection? (Chest x-rays, the IGRA test, sputum cultures, and the Mantoux skin test are most common)
- What are the three types of Tuberculosis infection controls that should be included in a healthcare facilities written TB infection reduction plan? (Administrative controls, engineering controls and personal protective equipment or PPE)
- What role does medical surveillance play in a healthcare facilities TB prevention program?
- When should engineering controls such as HEPA filters or Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation be used?
- What PPE should healthcare workers use in order to prevent the spread of Tuberculosis? (Since the disease is airborne, N95 respirators are the most common protection)
- How should healthcare workers be fit tested for respirators, how should respirators be inspected and worn, and when must they be replaced?
- and much more…
Healthcare workers undergo a lot of training. From patient safety, to infection control and more, the amount of training that the average healthcare worker receives is abundant and on-going. This Tuberculosis Training Program for Healthcare Workers is just one component of your overall training program – but a necessary and required piece of training for sure. Give your healthcare staff the training they need on Tuberculosis prevention, with this complete training kit.
This Complete Tuberculosis Training Training Program Includes These Items:
- Full-length Tuberculosis for Healthcare safety training video
- Employee quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Tuberculosis Training for Healthcare Staff Delivery Options:
This training program is available in either English or Spanish language and in either DVD or USB format. The runtime of this training is 24 minutes. We offer this course with an online option either as a standalone course, or part of our larger safety training library which contains more than 220 training modules.
Full Length Preview of the TB Training for Healthcare Staff Video:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.