Better Way To Lift Training
If you purchase this video you will also receive 29 of Michael Melnik’s “Short Coaching Videos” that help reinforce the training concepts found in this training. These one to two minute gems provide you an additional 30+ minutes of short bite-sized training bits that will keep your employees engaged throughout the year. Use them bi-weekly and you will how new safety training materials to share with your employees for the next year!
Have your employee’s ever had training on how to protect their back or how to lift properly? I’m sure they have…. However, it’s about much more than knowing the “right way to lift.” Proper training will show your employees the tips and tools they need, in real world situations, on how to prevent back injury. This training video focuses on teaching your employees a “Better Way to Lift”. As you know, lifting it part of most jobs whether it’s lifting heavy items as part of your normal job, or, lifting things that are in the course of your job. Office workers lift, move, and push items as often as other types of workers – they just lift different things. This video will teach all of your employees, regardless of their job title, a “Better Way to Lift.”
The video will teach the following core concepts:
- At work, who are the parties that play in role in back safety? (It’s a “team” effort in that Management sets the tone, Supervisors reinforce and support safe behaviors, and employees make it happen)
- What is the role of leadership of a Company in regards to back safety?
- What are the things that make lifting an easier task?
- What are some key concepts that every employee should know when it comes to back injury prevention? (Things like stagger your stance, bend your knees, arch your back, tighten your abdomen, bring your head up, and grasp the load firmly). However, are these concepts that are historically part of back injury prevention training always realistic? In addition to these concepts what are the other things that our employees should be thinking of when it comes to protecting their back from injury?
- Is lifting something “heavy” the only way an employee can injure their back? (no…)
- What role do “bad habits” have in relation to sustaining a back injury?
- What are the positions of the body our employees should keep in mind while performing material handling tasks?
- What is the “Power Position” and why should employees know about this concept?
- What are the three principles that every employee needs to know to help keep their back safe while working?
All employees lift items at work regardless of their occupation. Teaching employees A Better Way to Lift and how to prevent back injury benefits both the employer and the employee alike. This training video is available in both a DVD or USB stick option, and has a runtime of 13 minutes.
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.