Construction Back Safety Training – [Full Video Kit]
Does your construction crew need training on how to protect their backs and prevent back injuries? If so, this Construction Worker Back Safety Training video is for you. As you know, back injuries are one of the most common types of workplace injuries suffered by construction workers. For that reason, give your crew the training they need to reduce back injuries.
This Construction Worker Back Safety Training Discusses the Following:
- An overview of how the spine works, the different vertebrae in the spine, and how the anatomy of the spine relates to the potential back injury
- A discussion on strains, chronic back pain, ruptured or herniated discs, and more
- What are the three areas of the spine called? (Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar)
- How construction workers can better position their bodies to avoid injury. This discussion on construction ergonomics will educate your workers on how to avoid back injuries while performing common construction tasks.
- How should construction workers properly lift in order to prevent a back injury?
- An overview on “think before you lift,” which teaches construction workers how to consider the load’s size, shape, and weight, and what proper lifting technique should be used
- What are the steps to lift a heavy load by yourself? (Get as close to the object as possible, lower your body by bending at the knees, keep your back straight while lifting, and more)
- Why is leaning forward while you lift a potential back injury waiting to happen? (Your body is not in the optimal lifting position, so injury is more likely)
- How to properly lower a heavy item that you have lifted
- What are some non-work related items that can injure your back, and how can you prevent an at-home back injury?
- What is the role of exercise and stretching as it relates to a healthy back?
- and much more…
If you have construction workers on your payroll, then you know helping them to prevent a back injury is beneficial to both the employee and the employer alike. This Construction Worker Back Safety Training kit will help you reduce your injuries and provide your employees with the knowledge they need to lower their risk of back injury while performing their construction duties. Available as an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB stick.
Construction Back Injury Prevention Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.