Lighter Side of Lifting
If you purchase this video you will also receive 29 of Michael Melnik’s “Short Coaching Videos” that help reinforce the training concepts found in this training. These one to two minute gems provide you an additional 30+ minutes of short bite-sized training bits that will keep your employees engaged throughout the year. Use them bi-weekly and you will how new safety training materials to share with your employees for the next year!
This training take a humorous approach to teaching the principles of safe lifting. This funny back safety video will grab your employees attention, keep them entertained, and most importantly teach them the back safety training concepts that they need. It’s likely your employees have had all sorts of safety training and sometimes they become “numb” to the normal safety training products. That’s why this Funny Back Safety Video will help get the point across, in a way that is different from most training products. The training teaches several important concepts:
- What is the “Power Position” and why is it important? How does this concept help employees reduce back injuries?
- What are the most important principles, in the simplest terms, that we can impart on employees to protect their back while at work?
- How does the concept of “build a bridge” keep our backs safe while lifting?
- Does the tried and true concept of “bend your knees” work in every situation? (No….and the explanation of this might surprise you and make you think)
- What is a “Power Lift” and how does it help workers keep a strong position while lifting an item?
- What does our upper body have to do with preventing back injuries?
- What can the “stance” of our body teach us about back safety?
- Does “warming up” or “stretching” really have anything at all to do with protecting our back from injury? Is it really THAT important? (Yes…it is, and this concept is covered in the training to teach employees why it is so important)
- and much more…
Sometimes it takes a bit of humor to “get through” to an employee. This Funny Back Safety Video helps break the cycle of the “same old training” programs that have been seen time and time again by our employees. Go “On the Road” with noted back safety expert Michael Melnik and his GMC Sonoma as he teaches us about back safety, core concepts of back injury prevention, and more. Available as an English speaking DVD or USB stick, the runtime of this training is just over 20 minutes.
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.