If you have employees that do work on public streets, highways, country roads, or construction areas then you need this Work Zone Safety Training Video. Whether its patching potholes, maintaining bridges, repaving roads, or painting lines, your employees are in constant danger of cars, trucks, and even pedestrians. Each year hundreds of people lose their lives when a motor vehicle plows into a road work crew and the key to preventing this from happening to your employees is training.
This work zone safety program will teach your employees several important concepts on how to keep them safe on the job:
- What is traffic control and how does it help keep workers safe while in the work zone?
- What are the Standards that have been created by the Federal Highway Administration (part of DOT)? What are Temporary Traffic Control “TTC” zones and how do the operate? (These procedures are part of the DOT’s “Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices” and they specify how signs, cones, barriers and flaggers should be used)
- An overview of signage including “Road Work Ahead” and “Be Prepared to Stop” which warn drivers that they are entering a work zone
- What is the purpose of a work zone? (It is to provide clear guidance to drivers and pedestrians while minimizing changes to the normal flow of traffic around the zone)
- What is the purpose of cones, barrels, barricades and barriers in a work zone? (These are used to channel motorists into safe travel lanes and to separate them from the work being performed)
- What are the different types of flagging procedures and how do they work?
- How a flagger can help prevent driver confusion by engaging with the cars directly and letting them know what to do and when to do it (stop, go, proceed with caution, etc)
- What is the difference between “flags” and “paddles” and what role do each of them play in the work zone?
- What are the 4 sections of a Temporary Traffic Control Zone or TTC and why are they critical? (1) an Advance Warning Area (2) A Transition Area (3) An Activity Area (4) A Termination Area
- The importance of using proper Traffic Control techniques and traffic control safety
- and much more…
If your company
does any work within “Work Zones” or you employee Flaggers, then you need this safety training video to help them do their jobs safely and effectively. This training is 20 minutes long and is available as either a DVD or USB stick.