Work Zone Safety Training – [Complete Video Training Package]
If you have employees that do work on public streets, highways, country roads, or construction areas then you need this Work Zone Safety Training Video. Whether its patching potholes, maintaining bridges, repaving roads, or painting lines, your employees are in constant danger of cars, trucks, and even pedestrians. Each year hundreds of people lose their lives when a motor vehicle plows into a road work crew and the key to preventing this from happening to your employees is training.
This Work Zone Safety Training Teaches Several Important Concepts:
- What is traffic control and how does it help keep workers safe while in the work zone?
- What are the Standards that have been created by the Federal Highway Administration (part of DOT)? What are Temporary Traffic Control “TTC” zones and how do the operate? (These procedures are part of the DOT’s “Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices” and they specify how signs, cones, barriers and flaggers should be used)
- An overview of signage including “Road Work Ahead” and “Be Prepared to Stop” which warn drivers that they are entering a work zone
- What is the purpose of a work zone? (It is to provide clear guidance to drivers and pedestrians while minimizing changes to the normal flow of traffic around the zone)
- What is the purpose of cones, barrels, barricades and barriers in a work zone? (These are used to channel motorists into safe travel lanes and to separate them from the work being performed)
- What are the different types of flagging procedures and how do they work?
- How a flagger can help prevent driver confusion by engaging with the cars directly and letting them know what to do and when to do it (stop, go, proceed with caution, etc)
- What is the difference between “flags” and “paddles” and what role do each of them play in the work zone?
- What are the 4 sections of a Temporary Traffic Control Zone or TTC and why are they critical? (1) an Advance Warning Area (2) A Transition Area (3) An Activity Area (4) A Termination Area
- The importance of using proper Traffic Control techniques and traffic control safety
- and much more…
If your company does any work within “Work Zones” or you employee Flaggers, then you need this safety training video to help them do their jobs safely and effectively. This training is 20 minutes long and is available as either a DVD or USB stick.
Work Zone Safety Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.