Hearing Conservation and Safety – [Video Training Package]
If your employees need training to help them protect their hearing then this Hearing Conservation and Safety Training Video will help get them the information they need. As you know, OSHA has very strict requirements in place to help protect employees and their hearing. We offer this training video which will help show your employees all about hearing protection, hearing loss, workplace noise, and most importantly, the proper types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary to protect from hearing loss.
Topics discussed in this hearing protection training include:
- The OSHA Standard regarding hearing conservation (the 90-decibel safety limit)
- What do frequency, hertz, and volume mean when it comes to hearing protection?
- The importance of knowing the decibel level of certain tools and equipment
- What does “noise duration” mean and why is it important? (This is used to define the three types of sound: continuous, intermittent and impulsive)
- What type of noise is the most dangerous for employees? (Noise that is loud and continuous is especially hazardous to your hearing)
- Where do harmful noise level occur? (Factories, airports and construction sites are good examples, but, excessive noise can also be found in restaurants, department stores, offices, etc and that’s why it’s so important to protect our hearing in any way possible)
- Multiple Types of PPE including ear plugs, ear muffs, canal caps, and more
- When it comes to hearing protection PPE, what does the “Noise Reduction Rating or NRR” indicate? (That is the measurement of how much noise reduction the PPE provides)
Additional Topics Covered by this Hearing Safety Training Video:
- How to properly care for and inspect the different types of hearing PPE
- When it comes to hearing protection what constitutes a “system of controls?” (this would be taking physical safety measures such as putting up sound absorbing barriers, isolation sources of noise, installing quieter equipment, etc)
- What are the disadvantages of ear plugs over other types of hearing protection? (they can be easily lost, they provide less protection in high noise level areas than ear muffs, putting them in and getting them out can sometimes be difficult, etc)
- What is a “Standard threshold shift” when it comes to hearing protection?
- The positives and negatives of each type of personal protective equipment
- How do you determine how much noise reduction is required in a workspace? (you measure the area’s noise level in decibels and subtract the 90 decibel safety limit)
- Hearing tests and audiograms
- and much more…
Get your employees the hearing protection training they need with this full video kit. Available in both an English and a Spanish language version, and as a DVD or USB Stick, this instructional video is 16 minutes in length.
Hearing Safety Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.