This Office Safety Training Video
focuses on injury prevention for an often forgotten group of workers when it comes to safety training - office workers. Did you know your office staff is twice as likely to suffer a disabling injury than a non-office worker due to a fall injury? Your office staff is exposed to several key areas of potential injury: trips and falls, lifting injuries, and fires just to name a few. This training video covers several important safety topics including:
Keeping your office staff fully trained on safety protocol will help them be accident and injury free. This office safety training video will help you do just that. Available in either an English or Spanish language DVD or USB, the run time on this training is 19 minutes.
- Be mindful of slip, trip or fall hazards including desk and filing cabinet drawers, walkway floor clutter, electrical cords or extension cords, computer cables, loose carpet, and many other hazards
- Always be careful of slip hazards associated with spills on polished floors and be especially careful of rain or snow
- What are the wrong ways to use an office chair that lead to possible accidents or injury and how to avoid them?
- What are the dangers to be aware of with staplers, paper cutters, and scissors?
- What are some good tips to reduce injury when it comes to computer workstation ergonomics, office chair adjustments, and cradling a phone to your neck?
- What is Computer Vision Syndrome and how can we alleviate it's affects?
- How to reduce eye strain while using a computer
- What are the special considerations for safety when it comes to office printers, copiers or shredders?
- What are some basic electrical safety principles for office workers dealing with power strips, electrical and extension cords, and overloading electrical outlets?
- Whether it's moving copy paper, doing filing, or retrieving items from shelves, office workers can and do sustain back injuries. What are some tips on how to prevent back injuries in the office? Also, how should items be properly lifted so as to reduce potential injury?
- What are some basic fire prevention principles for office staff? (Fire extinguishers and how to use them, how to identify and reduce flammable materials, evacuation routes, and more)
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session