If you purchase this video you will also receive 29 of Michael Melnik’s “Short Coaching Videos” that help reinforce the training concepts found in this training. These one to two minute gems provide you an additional 30+ minutes of short bite-sized training bits that will keep your employees engaged throughout the year. Use them bi-weekly and you will how new safety training materials to share with your employees for the next year!
What is one of the best concepts you can teach your employees about how to protect their back? You can teach them the proper way to Lift and Stretch. This training video will do just that in an easy to follow and very watchable way. The video will teach the following important concepts of back safety to your employees:
- How do most back problems occur? (They occur over time in a cumulative fashion and are a result of long periods of improper lifting, bad lifting techniques, etc.)
- How does lifting because more difficult when you are out of the “Power Position”?
- How does the position of your upper body affect your ability to lift?
- What are the three principles that can make any lift less demanding and how should employees implement these in the workplace? (Objects being lifted should be kept close to the body, employees should “Build a Bridge” to keep their back safe, and always move with your feet first when beginning a lift). These tricks will help your employees to reduce the load on their back and in turn, hopefully reduce the incidence of back related injuries at work.
- How does twisting affect our ability to lift?
- Is there a “perfect” way to lift? (No, the goal is to follow good sound lifting principles to reduce the demand on our spine and prevent injury in the process)
- Why is “warming up” or stretching our bodies before work so important to reducing back injuries?
- What is the best “fuel” for our bodies while at work? (The answer might surprise you….)
- What is the “rule of opposites” and how does it relate to back injury prevention?
- and much more…
Back injuries can be one of the most costly work related injuries. Giving your employees the training they need to keep their back safe and injury free will help both the employer and the employee alike. This training video on Lifting and Stretching will help you do just that. Available in an English speaking DVD or USB stick. The runtime of this training is just over 16 minutes.