Need an introductory safety training video for your employees who work in a lab setting? If so then this lab safety video is for you! This lab safety orientation video will start your workers off on the right foot when it comes to safe practices. In many laboratories, the complexity of the work that is being carried out is so taxing that it tends to dominate the focus of employees. Often, amidst the hustle and bustle and demand for speedy results, safety precautions can fall by the wayside. At the same time, OSHA requirements for laboratory safety have grown increasingly tough over the years. The end result is that the typical laboratory environment can fall far short of the ideal, and that can hurt your organizationís bottom line, whether as a result of worker injuries or contamination concerns. The answer to this all-too-common dilemma is our comprehensive video, Orientation to Laboratory Safety Training. |
This video covers a full array of relevant topics, ranging from the experiment planning process to safety procedures and dealing with hazardous materials. In addition, there is a strong focus on OSHA compliance, so all relevant regulations and procedures are covered in detail, including the use and management of material safety data sheets (MSDSs). Other topics include personal protective equipment, proper ventilation, chemical storage, and waste management. The video is thorough enough to serve as the foundation for your laboratory safety training program, and itís appropriate for both newly hired employees and seasoned veterans of the field. This training is available on a DVD or you can also purchase the training via our online safety training program.
This lab safety video is 12 minutes long but you can preview a 2 minute version below.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session