An emergency in a laboratory setting is something that none of us want. However, being prepared for a lab emergency is critical. That's why this training video on "Planning for Laboratory Emergencies" is so important for your lab workers. How will your lab employee handle an emergency situation? Do they know what to do in case of a chemical spill, fire, radiation or biological exposure or natural disaster? |
This lab safety video will educate your lab workers on the following topics: the lab's emergency plan, how to activate alarms and what distinguishes the warning sounds, how to alert emergency personnel, as well as evacuation routes and emergency procedures. The video also teaches lab employees the importance of warning others about accidents that have occurred, helping potentially injured co-workers, attacking or confining fires, how to alert emergency services, and proper facility evacuation procedures.
The training video also covers fires, fire extinguishers, thermal burns (chemical burns), explosions, and chemical spills. An emergency in the lab is something that we all hope will never happen. After this training, we will at least have an educated lab staff that knows what to do "just in case." This training is available on a DVD, USB Stick, or you can also purchase the training via our online safety training program.
This training video is 16 minutes in length and you can watch a full-length preview below.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session