Lab workers often handle materials or substances that could be considered explosive or flammable. That is why this "Flammables and Explosives in the Laboratory" training video is so important. The viewer will learn to define flammables and explosives in the workplace, how to store these materials, how to dispose or store these hazardous materials and substances, and what to do in case of an explosion or fire. |
The video also discusses the "limits of flammability" including the upper and lower flammable limits, as well as ignition temperature. Further topics include the importance of removing heat or sparks from certain areas which might include stirrers, pumps, hotplates, the use of heating mantels or water baths, and Bunsen burners.
The training also teaches lab workers how to read Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to find flashpoints, ignition temperatures and flammability limits of the chemicals and substances they are working with. If your lab workers use flammables or other materials that might ignite or explode, then this training video will help educate them on their responsibilities to keep the lab setting safe. This training is available on a DVD, USB Stick, or you can also purchase the training via our online safety training program.
This safety training video is 15 minutes in length and you can watch a full-length preview below.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session