Bloodborne Pathogens in Healthcare Facilities
Need a training video for your healthcare workers on OSHA bloodborne pathogens? If so – this video is for you!
Bloodborne pathogens are a leading risk factor in many workplace settings. However, front-line health care personnel stand the highest risk of exposure. As a result of this widespread risk, OSHA requirements governing bloodborne pathogen training are very stringent. In order to address this need, we have developed this comprehensive bloodborne pathogen safety training curriculum specifically meant for healthcare and medical staff of any kind.
Designed specifically for those in a healthcare environment, this Healthcare Worker Bloodborne Pathogens Training Program is designed to teach healthcare workers the ins and outs of avoiding the dangers of bloodborne pathogens. With diseases like HIV and hepatitis being spread primarily through blood and other bodily fluids, taking special precautions is necessary for healthcare workers who risk exposure on a daily basis. This complete training package is specifically designed to help your organization maintain OSHA compliance so your workers stay safe.
Topics in this training program include the handling of bodily fluid contaminated items, handling of needles, protective clothing, and other important factors:
- What is a bloodborne pathogen and how can medical staff protect themselves from exposure?
- What is the incidence rate of hepatitis, HIV and other bodily fluid exchange diseases among the medical care worker community?
- A discussion of how specifically in the healthcare sector, bloodborne pathogens are often transmitted parenterally, or by accidentally oneself with a needle
- What are the different ways healthcare staff can become infected? (blood, human tissue, vaginal secretions from discarded hygiene products, etc)
- What are the OSHA Exposure Control Plan requirements for bloodborne pathogens protection for medical staff?
- What are the requirements for a Hepatitis B vaccination program?
- What are the Standard Precautions associated with bloodborne pathogens?
- How to handle needles and sharps to prevent disease transmission?
- What are the labeling requirements for your bloodborne pathogens program?
- What to do with contaminated sharps, needles, scalpel blades, glass and other “Regulated Waste”
- What engineering controls are available to healthcare workers?
- What types of personal protective equipment or PPE should be made avaialble and how to use them
- How to handle contaminated linens and other laundry
- What to do in case you are exposed to a bodily fluid or blood splash
- And much more…
Your medical staff deals with the hazards of bloodborne pathogens on a daily basis. This healthcare worker bloodborne pathogens training video will help them properly deal with that exposure. This helps with both your OSHA compliance in this important area and also helps to keep your employees safe on the job.
Available as a DVD or USB Stick, this training is also available in English or Spanish language options. Run time on the video is 27 minutes, and you can watch a full-length preview below.
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.