Need a training video for your healthcare workers on OSHA bloodborne pathogens? If so - this video is for you! |
Bloodborne pathogens are a leading risk factor in many workplace settings. However, front-line health care personnel stand the highest risk of exposure. As a result of this widespread risk, OSHA requirements governing bloodborne pathogen training are very stringent. In order to address this need, we have developed this comprehensive bloodborne pathogen safety training curriculum specifically meant for healthcare and medical staff of any kind.
Designed specifically for those in a healthcare environment, this Healthcare Worker Bloodborne Pathogens Training Program is designed to teach healthcare workers the ins and outs of avoiding the dangers of bloodborne pathogens. With diseases like HIV and hepatitis being spread primarily through blood and other bodily fluids, taking special precautions is necessary for healthcare workers who risk exposure on a daily basis. This complete training package is specifically designed to help your organization maintain OSHA compliance so your workers stay safe.
Topics in this training program include the handling of bodily fluid contaminated items, handling of needles, protective clothing, and other important factors:
Your medical staff deals with the hazards of bloodborne pathogens on a daily basis. This healthcare worker bloodborne pathogens training video will help them properly deal with that exposure. This helps with both your OSHA compliance in this important area and also helps to keep your employees safe on the job.
- What is a bloodborne pathogen and how can medical staff protect themselves from exposure?
- What is the incidence rate of hepatitis, HIV and other bodily fluid exchange diseases among the medical care worker community?
- A discussion of how specifically in the healthcare sector, bloodborne pathogens are often transmitted parenterally, or by accidentally oneself with a needle
- What are the different ways healthcare staff can become infected? (blood, human tissue, vaginal secretions from discarded hygiene products, etc)
- What are the OSHA Exposure Control Plan requirements for bloodborne pathogens protection for medical staff?
- What are the requirements for a Hepatitis B vaccination program?
- What are the Standard Precautions associated with bloodborne pathogens?
- How to handle needles and sharps to prevent disease transmission?
- What are the labeling requirements for your bloodborne pathogens program?
- What to do with contaminated sharps, needles, scalpel blades, glass and other "Regulated Waste"
- What engineering controls are available to healthcare workers?
- What types of personal protective equipment or PPE should be made avaialble and how to use them
- How to handle contaminated linens and other laundry
- What to do in case you are exposed to a bodily fluid or blood splash
- And much more...
Available as a DVD or USB Stick, this training is also available in English or Spanish language options. Run time on the video is 27 minutes, and you can watch a full-length preview below.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session