HAZWOPER Fire Prevention Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Any training on HAZWOPER needs to include Fire Prevention. As you know, in dangerous hazardous materials situations, fire is something that you don’t want to have to deal with. That’s why this HAZWOPER Fire Prevention training program is so important. It teaches employees how to avoid a dangerous fire situation in a HAZMAT environment.
This HAZWOPER Fire Prevention Training Covers:
- What are some of the dangers associated with a chemical fire?
- Toxic Fumes
- High Temperatures
- and more…
- Do you “fight” a chemical fire like any other fire? (No, chemical fires require special fire fighting techniques, and they can often be very difficult to extinguish)
- What are the three components of ANY fire?
- Fuel source
- What are some sources of ignition for a fire? (Electrical short circuits, friction between materials, sparks from welding, sparks from cutting, open flames, etc.)
- When it comes to chemicals, what are some examples of hazardous materials that can burst into flames unexpectedly? (Nitroglycerine will explode if it is shaken, Lithium will react with water or other substances, etc.)
- Why are some substances dangerous even when they are dry or drying? (An example would be linseed oil which which produces heat as it dries and can break out into flame)
- What are some examples of fuel sources in a HAZWOPER or HAZMAT environment? (Gases, liquids, chemicals, solids like paper or pulp, dust, and more)
More Topics Covered in This HAZWOPER Fire Prevention Video:
- How do vapors of certain chemicals react with a heat or ignition source to produce a flame?
- What is the importance of understanding a hazardous materials flashpoint?
- Does water work to put out a chemical fire? (In most instances, it does not, in fact, it often causes the fire to spread)
- What are the different classes of fire extinguishers, and what is each class used for? (Class A, B, C, and D)
- How do workers identify chemicals that are combustible or flammable? (Often, the best source of this information is Safety Data Sheets or container labels)
- What is a container flash arrestor, when is it used, and how does it help prevent an accidental fire?
- How to safely move chemicals from one container to another without creating a fire hazard?
- When to use a dike or spill pillow
- How to clean up a chemical spill while preventing the possibility of fire
- What role does the site Emergency Response Plan and Safety Data Sheets play in keeping fire hazards to a minimum?
- What is the PASS method when it comes to using a fire extinguisher? How is it defined, and how do you use a fire extinguisher to extinguish a flame using this technique?
- and much more…
Get your employees the training they need with this HAZWOPER Fire Prevention Training Course. This full package includes the training video, quiz, and Training Completion Certificate. Available as an English or Spanish-speaking USB stick or DVD.
HAZWOPER Fire Prevention Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.