HAZWOPER – Handling HAZMAT Training – [Full Video Kit]
With HAZWOPER your employees work with hazardous materials to get their jobs done. That’s why this Handling Hazardous Materials HAZWOPER training is so important. Teaching your crew how to handle chemicals and other hazardous materials properly is good for both employees and employers alike.
This HAZWOPER Handling Hazardous Materials Training Covers:
- How does OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard define hazardous materials? (Defined as any material that poses either health or physical hazard)
- What are some examples of HAZMAT physical characteristics that your workers should be aware of? (Combustibility, Oxidation, Explosiveness, and Flammability)
- What are some examples of health hazards when it comes to hazardous materials? (They can create neurological problems, organ failure, shortness of breath, and even death)
- How to understand whether a chemical is flammable or combustible?
- What are the dangers of sodium nitrate?
- What is the difference between an acute and a chronic health hazard? (Acute is an immediate reaction t a substance like a burn, rash, etc. Chronic conditions, like organ damage, lung damage, etc., take much longer to develop)
- How is “duration of exposure” defined, and why is it important?
- What are some examples of “corrosives,” and how can they be dangerous?
More Topics Covered in the HAZWOPER Handling HAZMAT Training Video:
- What are some examples of “irritants,” and why do your employees need to be aware of them?
- How are “toxic substances” defined, where are they used, and what are the precautions all employees should take when using them?
- What are some examples of carcinogens, and how can they be deadly to people?
- How to read a container label to understand HAZMAT storage requirements, spill clean-up requirements, dangers, and more
- What are some things captured on a product’s Safety Data Sheet? (Things like the ingredients of the material, the properties associated with that substance, the Personal Protective Equipment required to be worn when using the chemical, and the hazards common to those exposed to that particulate hazardous material)
- How to work with first responders should a hazardous material accident occur at your facility
- How to dispose of hazardous chemicals properly and legally
- and, much more…
If your employees need training on HAZWOPER, including Handling Hazardous Materials, then this program is for you. Available in an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick, this complete package includes a video, trainee quiz, and Training Completion Certificate. The length of this training is 23 minutes.
HAZWOPER Handling Hazardous Materials Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.