With HAZWOPER your employees work with hazardous materials to get their jobs done. That’s why this Handling Hazardous Materials HAZWOPER training is so important. Teaching your crew how to handle chemicals and other hazardous materials properly is good for both employees and employers alike.
This HAZWOPER Handling Hazardous Materials Training Covers:
- How does OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard define hazardous materials? (Defined as any material that poses either health or physical hazard)
- What are some examples of HAZMAT physical characteristics that your workers should be aware of? (Combustibility, Oxidation, Explosiveness, and Flammability)
- What are some examples of health hazards when it comes to hazardous materials? (They can create neurological problems, organ failure, shortness of breath, and even death)
- How to understand whether a chemical is flammable or combustible?
- What are the dangers of sodium nitrate?
- What is the difference between an acute and a chronic health hazard? (Acute is an immediate reaction t a substance like a burn, rash, etc. Chronic conditions, like organ damage, lung damage, etc., take much longer to develop)
- How is “duration of exposure” defined, and why is it important?
- What are some examples of “corrosives,” and how can they be dangerous?
More Topics Covered in the HAZWOPER Handling HAZMAT Training Video:
- What are some examples of “irritants,” and why do your employees need to be aware of them?
- How are “toxic substances” defined, where are they used, and what are the precautions all employees should take when using them?
- What are some examples of carcinogens, and how can they be deadly to people?
- How to read a container label to understand HAZMAT storage requirements, spill clean-up requirements, dangers, and more
- What are some things captured on a product’s Safety Data Sheet? (Things like the ingredients of the material, the properties associated with that substance, the Personal Protective Equipment required to be worn when using the chemical, and the hazards common to those exposed to that particulate hazardous material)
- How to work with first responders should a hazardous material accident occur at your facility
- How to dispose of hazardous chemicals properly and legally
- and, much more…
If your employees need training on HAZWOPER, including Handling Hazardous Materials, then this program is for you. Available in an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick, this complete package includes a video, trainee quiz, and Training Completion Certificate. The length of this training is 23 minutes.