If your employees work on or around electricity than you know how important proper electrical safety training is. This Electrocution Hazards Training Video will teach your employees all about electrical safety and the many dangers associated with electrical accidents, specifically with electrocution. What you may not know is that "electrocution" is the fourth leading cause of death in the construction industry. Training, is a life and death situation, particularly the electrical safety standards found in the OSHA Standards and NFPA 70E which was created by the National Fire Protection Association. |
This video will teach your staff the following important electrical safety concepts:
your employees from electrical hazards starts with training and this Electrocution Prevention Training Video will help you in this regard. Available as either an English or Spanish language version, the training is delivered on either a DVD or USB stick.
- What are the electrical safety hazards that workers can encounter on a job site?
- What are the six general types of electrical hazards as defined by OSHA?
- What does the acronym "BE SAFE" stand for and how does it apply to electrical safety? (Burns, Electrocution, Shock, Arc Flash, Fire and Explosions)
- What are some common ways workers can be exposed to electrical hazards? (overhead power lines, energized sources such as electrical components, electrical connectors, faulty or improper use of extensions cords, etc)
- What is the amount of electricity carried by high-voltage power lines and what happens if you come in contact with them?
- What roles do ladders play with electrical safety?
- What is OSHA's "safety working distance" concept when it comes to voltage?
- What are some electrical hazards associated with power tools? (frayed cords, insulation cracks, worn parts, etc)
- What are some things to look for when inspecting power tools?
- What are the best practices to keep in mind when using extension cords?
- What role does water or a wet work environment play in an electrocution situation?
- What is an "Assured Equipment Grounding Conductor Program" and why is it important?
- What role do GFCI's play in an electrical safety program?
- How does a properly implemented lockout tagout program help reduce potential workplace electrocutions?
- and much more...
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session