When your employees work around or work with electricity, then they need a solid electrical safety video to teach them the concepts of electrical safety. Did you know that electricity causes thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths each year? Make sure you are protecting your business and your employees when it comes to electrical safety in the workplace.|
This video teaches and discusses several key concepts in regards to electrical safety:
Providing your employees with a good electrical safety training video will go a long way in keeping them safe on the job.
This electrical safety video is available in either English or Spanish languages, and in either DVD or USB Stick format. Run time on this training is 17 minutes.
- What are volts, amperes, watts, and currents and why is understanding them so important?
- What is the "flow" of electricity?
- What are electrical circuits and how do they work?
- What happens when you overload an electrical receptacle with too many pieces of equipment drawing power?
- What are circuit breakers and fuses and how do they help prevent electrically based accidents and injuries?
- What is a GFCI and how does it work?
- What is controlled grounding and how does grounded equipment help keep us safe?
- Why is it important to inspect power and extension cords prior to using them?
- What are the dangers associated with removing the ground prong on a 3-pronged plug?
- What are the types of PPE or personal protective equipment that can be used to keep you safe when working with electricity?
- What are special electrical hazards and how do you protect yourself from them?
- How special precautions need to be taken with metal ladders, or areas that contain sparks, gases or vapors?
- What is arc flash and how can you avoid getting injured?
- What are the different kinds of fire extinguishers you can use on electrical fires?
- What to do in case you or a co-worker are electrocuted, shocked or burned?
- and much more...
A Full-Length Preview Can Be Viewed Below:
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session