Discrimination Training for Employees – [Complete Video Kit]
Do you need to provide Discrimination Training? If so, this complete package is exactly what you are looking for. Whether you are looking to provide Discrimination Training for compliance purposes, to nurture employee relationships, or to reduce friction with your workforce, this training will teach your trainees the ins and outs. If you are looking for the manager or supervisor version of this training, you can find it here.)
Topics Covered in this Discrimination Training Course:
- What is the definition of discrimination? (An easy definition is when someone is singled out for unfair treatment because of who you are, what color you are, what your sexual orientation is, what country you came from, etc.)
- Discrimination is not only bad for employees and bad for your business, but it is also illegal, and taking steps to reduce and control it is critical to a successful venture.
- What are the different forms of discrimination? (Some examples are age, gender, religious beliefs, etc.)
- What is the name of the law that made discrimination illegal? (the 1964 Civil Rights Act outlawed unjust and prejudicial treatment of job applicants and employees based on their sex, race, religion, or national origin.)
- What are other laws that have been passed regarding discrimination? (the Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination based on age for workers over 40, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination against certain disabled individuals and requires employers to make “reasonable accommodations” for them in their facilities. The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) prohibits discrimination against workers who must take care of family or their own medical needs and requires employers to allow them time off to do so)
- Is harassment the same thing as discrimination? How are they similar, and how do they differ? (An example of harassment, which is also discrimination, is when a person teases, insults, or otherwise abuses another because of their gender, race, color, religion, or other “protected attribute”, that is against the law.)
This Discrimination Training Also Teaches the Following Important Concepts:
- What governmental agency enforces the discrimination laws? (discrimination and harassment laws are enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or EEOC as it is commonly referred to. Also, States, Counties, and Cities can have their own anti-discrimination laws that they oversee)
- The best practice is that every employer, regardless of size, should have an anti-discrimination policy that clearly states discrimination and harassment will not be tolerated and also defines the types of behaviors that are considered to violate their policy.
- The employer’s written policy should establish procedures for reporting potentially discriminatory behavior, prevent retaliation for reporting that behavior, the procedure to investigate any complaints of discrimination and a policy on how to resolve these situations fairly.
- What are some subtle forms of discrimination that might occur? (examples include managers who make decisions based on personal prejudice instead of a fair, unbiased assessment of an employee’s work performance, an employer who gives benefits to employees on an unequal basis to different workers, an employer not allowing an employee to dress or groom themselves in accordance with their religious beliefs). While these are examples, each scenario must be carefully considered to protect both the employee and the employer.
- What is “disparate impact” as it relates to workplace discrimination?
- What are the reporting requirements for an employee who suspects discriminatory behavior in the workplace?
- and much more….
Providing Discrimination Training to your employees is an important part of any employee training regimen. It allows the employer to maintain legal compliance under the law and gives employees the tools they need to get along better as a healthy group.
Employee Discrimination Training Delivery Options:
Your employees can receive this discrimination training on a DVD or USB stick. You can also have them complete this training online if that is easier. We offer employee discrimination prevention training as a standalone online course or as part of a larger online safety training library as well.
This Complete Employee Discrimination Training Program Includes These Items:
- Full-length Discrimination Prevention Training for Employees video
- Employee quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Discrimination Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.