Manager Discrimination Training – [Complete Video Kit]
Do you want to get your managers or supervisors training on preventing discrimination at work? If so, then this training kit is for you. Our Manager Discrimination Training course will help teach your managers and supervisors all about discrimination in the workplace. From dealing with different ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, and more, this training will help keep your workplace and your managers within the legal requirements. (If you are looking for the non-manager version of this training, you can find it here.)
This Manager Training on Preventing Discrimination Covers:
- What is workplace discrimination, and how can managers and supervisors prevent it from occurring?
- What are the legal ramifications of discrimination at work?
- What factors might be at play when considering discrimination on the job? (Traits such as gender, skin color, age, and religion are just some examples.)
- What legislation made workplace discrimination illegal? (The Civil Rights Act of 1964. Follow-up legislation that also addressed discrimination was the Americans with Disabilities Act or ADA, the Age Discrimination in Employee Act of 1967 or ADEA, and the Family and Medical Leave Act or FMLA)
- What is retaliation, and why is it important for managers and supervisors to understand the laws surrounding it? (The law forbids an employer from any type of retaliatory act when an employee files a complaint about discrimination or is involved in an investigation or lawsuit related to discrimination.)
Other Topics Covered in this Manager Discrimination Training:
- What government entities have laws about Preventing Discrimination? (All levels of government have laws regarding discrimination at work, including Federal, State, and local. Most regulations are enforced by the EEOC or Employment Opportunity Commission)
- Why is it important for managers to understand the EEOC laws and how they apply to your company?
- What are some things covered in a written workplace discrimination prevention policy? (It should include how employees can report potential discrimination, how to prevent retaliations, how an investigation should and will be performed, and how to resolve issues that might come up involving discrimination)
- Why is training managers on how to prevent discrimination so important? (First off, it is required by law. Beyond that, it helps create a more harmonious group of employees)
What Types and Examples of Discrimination Should All Managers or Supervisors Be Aware of?
- When co-workers use racial slurs or make critical comments about another employee’s age, race, religion, or sexual orientation
- Giving certain company benefits to one type of employee versus another
- An employee not being allowed to groom or dress in accordance with their religious beliefs (while this may contradict company dress code policy, managers should be aware that allegations of discrimination can and do occur on this issue)
- Making jokes or teasing another employee about their physical characteristics, race, religion, etc.
- Managers and supervisors also need to understand that their behavior and their actions represent the company that they work for
Workplace Discrimination Reporting Issues That All Managers Should Know:
- How to document a claim by an employee that they are being discriminated against
- What information should the manager document when a claim of discrimination has been alleged by an employee (Who was involved, when and where the incident took place, what was said and done, and why the employee feels the behavior is discriminatory in nature. Of course, following the Company procedures on workplace discrimination is paramount as well)
- What to do if the discriminatory behavior does not stop?
- What managers should do and say when a report of discrimination has been brought to their attention
- How to document any claims of discrimination
- and much more…
Training your management staff on how to prevent discrimination at work is a critical part of your management training program. Not only is it required by law, but it also helps you promote a safe and happy workforce. This Preventing Discrimination Training for Managers can greatly help your overall management training program.
Manager Discrimination Prevention Training Delivery Options:
This training is available to your Managers and Supervisors on either DVD or on a USB stick. The runtime of this training video is 15 minutes. We also offer an online training option as a standalone course or as part of a larger online training library.
This Complete Manager Discrimination Prevention Training Program Includes These Items:
- Full-length Discrimination Training for Managers video
- Employee quiz and answer sheet
- A “Presenter’s Guide” if you are going to do this training in person
- A printable training sign-in sheet to keep track of your training program
- A printable Certificate of Completion. You can print as many copies of the Certificate as you need
Full-Length Preview of the Manager Discrimination Training Video:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order. Shipping is a flat $12.00.