Construction Training on Ladder Safety – [Complete Video Kit]
Your Construction workers need training on how to safely use a ladder. As you know, ladder accidents can and do happen. That’s why this Construction Specific Ladder Safety training was created. When used properly ladders can make our work day easier. However, if a ladder is used improperly it could result in a fall from heights and the employee will get injured.
This Construction Worker Ladder Safety Training will Cover the Following Key Points:
- What are the different types of ladders and how and when should they be used?
- How long should a straight ladder extend past a roof? (The top three rungs should extend past the roof or the support point)
- How to determine the correct height of a ladder for the job that needs to be done (this is the 4 to 1 concept where putting a ladder against the wall, the ladder should be one foot away from the wall for every four feet of working ladder height)
- How to understand the weight capacity of the ladders being used on the construction site
- What are the different parts of a ladder used in construction, why are they important, and what role do they play in ladder safety?
- How to make sure that the parts of the ladder, including the pulleys, ropes or other moving parts are operating properly.
- How to ensure a fixed ladder is safe to use? (the rungs are securely in place, there is no rust or corrosion on the safety cage, etc)
- How to set up a portable ladder on a construction site the right way (secure the legs of the ladder on a level surface, if you must be on uneven ground then secure the ladder with wood or ladder jacks, etc)
- At what degree should a straight ladder be placed against a wall? (a 75 degree angle will keep the ladder safe on a construction site)
- Are there any circumstances when a construction ladder should not be used? (Yes, when working near power lines, electrical, or machinery since a metal ladder will conduct electricity – when working near electricity be sure to use a non-conductive ladder made from wood or fiberglass)
- How to properly climb a ladder used in construction
- Always be aware of the 3 point rule when climbing a ladder – that is keep 3 out of 4 of your arms and legs on the ladder at all times
- What types of injuries can occur to a construction worker who falls from a ladder? (broken bones, concussion, head trauma, spinal injuries, etc)
- and much more
Construction worker ladder safety training is an important piece of any Construction Site safety plan. This Construction worker ladder training video will teach your crew the ins and outs of ladder safety. Available in either an English or Spansh language option, the video comes in either DVD or USB format.
Construction Ladder Safety Training Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.