Front End Loader Safety Training Video – [Complete Kit]
If your employees use a front end loader then you need this safety training video to teach them how to operate it safely. This video will focus on the safe operation of the loader and will address proper loading, seat belt use, roll over protection, and the importance of center of gravity while operating the loader. These machines are useful but dangerous machines and this Front End Loader Safety Training Video will teach your employees the ins and outs of operating the machine safely.
This Front End Loader Training Video Covers These Important Topics:
- How can you safely operate and work around a front end loader?
- What are the top safety hazards you should be aware of when operating a loader?
- How to safely navigate the machine throughout the worksite
- Why is it important to always operate the loader at an appropriate speed?
- In what circumstances should you NOT operate a front end loader? (when you haven’t been full trained and authorized by your employer)
- When should an inspection of the machine be completed and what should be inspected? (The Loader should be inspected daily and you should do a complete visual walkthrough, evaluate the machine for any visible damage or other concerns, check all fluid levels, check the engine compartment, also check the oil, radiator, transmission and hydraulic fluid levels. You should also check any hoses, belts and fittings for leaks, damage and functionality. Make sure to check the tires for cuts or other damage. Check all wipers, signals, alarms and lights.
- What maintenance should be given to the Front End Loader to make sure that it continues functioning properly?
- What position should the loader bucket be in when working on the machine:? (lowered all the way to the ground to avoid injury)
Front End Loader Safety Training Additional Topics Covered:
- How do you properly fuel the front end loader? (Always shut off the engine when refueling and run the fuel nozzle against the filler neck to avoid any static build up of fuel vapors.
- As a front end loader operator you should always know the load limit of your equipment before you use it (check the operator’s manual)
- Always use proper lifting and rigging techniques when lifting a load
- Always travel with the load or attachments low to the ground
- Never carry passengers in the loader bucket (unless the machine is specifically designed for that purpose – and very very few ARE designed to carry passengers)
- Set up your work area so that pedestrians and foot traffic are minimized or eliminated or always use a spotter if there are pedestrians near the loader
- Why is backing up a front end loader particularly dangerous? (because they are more blind spots to the rear of the loader)
- When should a seat belt be used when operating a front end loader? (Always)
- Always watch for overhead clearance when the bucket is raised
- What do you do if any components of the loader are not functioning properly? (The machine should be locked and tagged out and your supervisor should be informed of the problem)
- At what angle should the front end loader be driven down a slope, regardless of how slight the pitch is? (it should be driven straight down the slope to avoid tip overs)
- What are some common safety issues when it comes to loaders? (being struck by the loader, being caught in or between something, and tip overs)
- What is the number cause of fatality when using a front end loader? (being struck by the loader or bucket)
- What is the best way to avoid tipping the front end loader over? (having situational awareness, using a spotter and taking your time)
Providing your employee Front End Loader Safety Training is important to both employee and employer alike. Loader Training ensured the operator will go home safely to his family, and helps the employer stay compliant with OSHA. This Loader Safety Video will help you accomplish your safety goals with this powerful machine. This 14 minute training product is available as an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB stick.
Front End Loader Safety Video – Full Length Preview:
This Front End Loader Safety Training Kit includes the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
6) Printable Excavator Safety Certification “Wallet Cards”
We provide you with wallet cards for your Front End Loader Operators to carry which show they have been through their Front End Loader Safety Certification.
7) Printable Front End Loader Pre-Shift Inspection Sheet
You should be inspecting your Loader daily before anyone uses it. We provide a Front End Loader Pre-Shift Inspection Checklist for you to document the condition of your machine to ensure that any safety concerns are written down, recorded, and addressed.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.