Looking for a silica training video for your workers? If your employees are exposed to silica in their work environment than you need to train them on the OSHA Silica Standard. This silica safety training video will help educate your employees on the dangers of silica inhalation and exposure, and how to protect themselves while at work.|
This silica training video will discuss several important topics including:
If your workers are in any way exposed to silica while they work than this silica training video is a good complement to your existing general safety program. It will teach workers all about the OSHA Silica Standard, and more importantly, how to protective themselves while doing their jobs. At just over 16 minutes in length, this Silica Safety Training Video is available in English or Spanish and in either DVD or USB Stick format.
- What is crystalline silica?
- What is silica dust and why do workers need to protect themselves from inhaling it?
- Where is silica commonly found?
- What are the dangers of respirable silica?
- What is silicosis and what are the symptoms of the disease?
- How to determine how much silica exposure is on the job site?
- What is the OSHA "maximum daily limit" for exposure to silica dust?
- What to do if the silica dust in the workplace exceeds the OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit or PEL?
- How to create a control system to reduce exposure to silica dust
- How to use "Table 1" of the OSHA Construction Standards for an alternative approach to protecting workers from respirable crystalline silica
- What is a silica "Exposure Control Plan" and how to implement one at your facility
- What are engineering controls and administrative controls that can be used to reduce silica exposure?
- What Personal Protective Equipment or PPE is available to protect from silica exposure?
- How to use and inspect respirators in order to reduce silica exposure
- What is the OSHA requirement for Medical Surveillance when it comes to silica on the job?
- What are the required records employers will need to keep as part of their silica control plan?
- and much more...
A Full-Length Preview Can Be Viewed Below:
This silica training will help employers with the training requirements for the OSHA Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Standard, 29 CFR 1926.1153
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session