Silica Safety Training – [Complete Video Training Package]
Looking for a silica training video for your workers? If your employees are exposed to silica in their work environment than you need to train them on the OSHA Silica Standard. This silica safety training video will help educate your employees on the dangers of silica inhalation and exposure, and how to protect themselves while at work.
This Silica Training Will Cover Several Important Topics Including:
- What is crystalline silica?
- What is silica dust and why do workers need to protect themselves from inhaling it?
- Where is silica commonly found?
- What are the dangers of respirable silica?
- What is silicosis and what are the symptoms of the disease?
- How to determine how much silica exposure is on the job site?
- What is the OSHA “maximum daily limit” for exposure to silica dust?
- What to do if the silica dust in the workplace exceeds the OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit or PEL?
- How to create a control system to reduce exposure to silica dust
- How to use “Table 1” of the OSHA Construction Standards for an alternative approach to protecting workers from respirable crystalline silica
Silica Safety Training Additional Topics Discussed:
- What is a silica “Exposure Control Plan” and how to implement one at your facility
- What are engineering controls and administrative controls that can be used to reduce silica exposure?
- What Personal Protective Equipment or PPE is available to protect from silica exposure?
- How to use and inspect respirators in order to reduce silica exposure
- What is the OSHA requirement for Medical Surveillance when it comes to silica on the job?
- What are the required records employers will need to keep as part of their silica control plan?
- and much more…
If your workers are in any way exposed to silica while they work than this silica training video is a good complement to your existing general safety program. It will teach workers all about the OSHA Silica Standard, and more importantly, how to protective themselves while doing their jobs. At just over 16 minutes in length, this Silica Safety Training Video is available in English or Spanish and in either DVD or USB Stick format.
This silica training will help employers with the training requirements for the OSHA Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Standard, 29 CFR 1926.1153
Silica Safety Video – Full Length Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.