Those driving dump trucks having to pay special consideration to safety processes and procedures. This Dump Truck Safety Training Video will teach your employees the ins and outs of dump truck operation safety. The focus is on general safety, maintenance inspections, and loading/unloading safely while operating a dump truck. Keeping your dump truck operators safe, along with those pedestrians and others who work around the truck, is critical to a safety workplace.
This Dump Truck Safety Video covers the following important topics:
- What are the hazards, risks and safety protocols involved with operating a dump truck?
- Why is a pre-shift inspection important for every dump truck driver?
- How to performa an inspection of the truck prior to starting your work day. Also, what should be included in your written inspection checklist? (Tire tread depth, tire pressure, the dump truck bed tarping system, any physical damage to the truck, broken or missing mirrors or glass, all hydraulic systems of the dump bed are working properly, check for any fluid leaks, check belts and engine compartment, gauges, and more)
- What is one of the most common accidents for a dump truck driver? (The most common incident is the driver slipping or falling while entering or exiting the truck)
- How does a a dump truck drive differently than other commercial trucks?
- What are the driving hazards that all dump truck drivers should be aware of while operating the truck? (Roadway hazards, pedestrians, the need to reduce speed while carrying a load, the need to always wear a seat belt, allow extra distance to stop when carrying a load, avoid tip over by navigating turns and corners with a load, always utilize turn signals and lights, and more)
Additional Subjects Covered in this Dump Truck Safety Training Video:
- What are the best practices for operating a dump truck on the job site? (Always perform an inspection of the area that the truck is going to be working in, watch out for other personnel or equipment on the work site, any overheard electrical wires or power lines, cliff edges or pits, any shear line hazards, be aware of blind spots of the truck, avoid backing up whenever possible, when possible use a spotter, never drive a dump truck with the bed raised, and more)
- According to OSHA, what work vehicle is responsible for the most back-over injuries on construction sites? (You guessed, it – the dump truck)
- What are the best practices for a dump truck to dump it’s load? (ensure you are dumping while the truck is on a level surface, ensure there are no overheard power lines while dumping, ensure no other workers are in dumping area, ensure the dump bed is unlocked, stay in the cab with seatbelt on while dumping, raise the dump bed slowly, etc.)
- What steps should be taken AFTER the load has been dumped? (Pull the truck forward to a safe and flat location, lock the tailgate of the truck, complete a walk around of the truck, and more)
- and much more….
This Dump Truck Safety Training Video will teach your operators the safety ins and outs of this powerful machine. Keeping your crew safe while either operating a dump truck or working around a truck are critical to any safety training program. This video is available as a DVD or USB stick.