Trenching and Shoring Safety Training
This construction employee trenching and shoring safety training video will help keep your company OSHA compliant and your employees injury and accident-free. Employees who work in ditches, trenches, or other excavated sites face great danger. They might be the victim of a cave-in or collapse and be exposed to hazardous gases or other materials. An employee who works in an excavation is twice as likely to be killed on the job than other employees. This training is guided by the OSHA Standards found in 1926.650.
This trenching and shoring safety training video will teach your employees:
- The dangers faced by workers who work in or around excavations
- How does OSHA define a trench? What are the maximum dimensions?
- How to handle utility lines that might carry water, sewage, natural gas, or electrical
- How to deal with hazardous atmospheres that might form in trenches which might include fumes, gases, and vapors
- How to deal with standing water that makes its way into the trench
- How to deal with other physical hazards of working in a trench, including falls from heights or equipment that might fall into the trench
- What is a “competent person,” and what is their role in a trenching operation?
- What rescue equipment should you have on-site when dealing with open trenches? (Safety harnesses, a basket stretcher, breathing apparatus, etc.)
- What is a “protective system,” and how to use one in a trenching job
- What are the four different types of soil, and how does each differ when excavating and trenching?
- What are the four basic types of protective systems, and how do they work?
- What are the OSHA requirements for access and egress from an open trench?
- What PPE or personal protective equipment should be used and available to trenching or shoring workers?
- What to do in case of a trench cave-in?
- And much more…
Keeping your employees safe on the job is critical to any successful construction company. If your employees are trenching and shoring, this video will help you maintain OSHA compliance and ensure employee safety.
Available as either an English or Spanish-speaking DVD or USB Stick, the run time of this training is 22 minutes.
Full-Length Trenching and Shoring Training Video Preview:
All of our training videos include the following additional resources:
1) A Leader’s Guide
The person giving the training can use the Guide to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session along with the highlights of the course.
2) An Employee Quiz
Important to be able to test your trainees to make sure they understand and comprehend the training course they just watched. This is also good for employer documentation for safety training of employees.
3) Answer Key to the Quiz
Ensures the questions are being answered correctly.
4) An Attendance Sheet
Allows you to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. Excellent documentation to prove your training requirements are in order.
5) A Printable “Certificate of Completion”
Allows you to give one to each employee who attends the safety training session. Can also be kept in an employee file for training documentation.
Purchases made before 7:00 pm EST will be shipped out the same business day!
You will receive a tracking number for your package via email within a few hours of placing your order.
Shipping is a flat $12.00.