This construction employee trenching and shoring safety training video will help keep your company OSHA compliant, and your employees injury and accident free. As you know, employees who work in ditches, trenches, or other excavated sites face great danger. They might be the victim of a cave-in or collapse, and also might be exposed to hazardous gases or other materials. In fact, an employee who works in an excavation is twice as likely to be killed on the job then other employees. This training is guided by the OSHA Standards found in 1926.650.|
This trenching and shoring safety training video will teach your employees:
- The dangers faced by workers who work in or around excavations
- How is a trench defined by OSHA? What are the maximum dimensions?
- How to handle utility lines that might carry water, sewage, natural gas or electrical
- How to deal with hazardous atmospheres that might form in trenches which might include fumes, gases, and vapors
- How to deal with standing water that makes its way into the trench
- How to deal with other physical hazards of working in a trench including falls from heights or equipment that might fall into the trench
- What is a "competent person" and what is their role in a trenching operation?
- What rescue equipment should you have onsite when dealing with open trenches? (Safety harnesses, a basket stretcher, breathing apparatus, etc)
- What is a "protective system" and how to use one in a trenching job
- What are the four different types of soil and how does each one differ when you are excavating and trenching?
- What are the four basic types of protective systems and how do they work?
- What are the OSHA requirements for access and egress from an open trench?
- What PPE or personal protective equipment should be used and available to workers who are trenching or shoring?
- What to do in case of a trench cave-in?
- And much more...
Keeping your employees safe on the job is a critical component of any successful construction company. If your employees are involved in trenching and shoring then this video will help you maintain OSHA compliance, and ensure employee safety.
Available as either an English or Spanish speaking DVD or USB Stick, the run time of this training is 22 minutes.
What's Included In The Box?:
- All of our training videos include a separate disc that contains the following additional resources:
1) A Leader's Guide that the instructor can use to help facilitate the training and provide additional verbal support to the video. It also includes a sample outline for the training session including an agenda
2) An employee quiz on the material that was taught in the video
3) Answer key to the quiz
4) An attendance sheet to keep track of who was trained, when the training occurred, who was the instructor, etc. This allows you to keep a record of your training session.
5) A printable "Certificate of Completion" that you can give to each employee who attends the safety training session